Does anyone know any cheap suppliers of Hessian sacking?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
For a little project I'm involved in, I'm hoping to get hold of some hessian. To be honest I have little ideas of prices, so any information anyone has would be helpful.

It's needed to cover the exterior of a Milletts teepee.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi, If you want hessian sacking try your pet shop or local garden centre they get there peanuts delivered in these sacks and I have had dozens and for free from my local pet shop. I use them for shooting as the warmer weather comes they are great for pidgeons to stop the blow fly laying eggs and let the things breath and not turn the meat in the heat.

hope this is of help.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Womble,

Have you got any big builders around your area?

If you have, they use hessian to cover brick and block work during building projects, if you explain what it is for I reckon you will get it for free, it is normally about £70 per roll, but that is a huge amount.

We used a load of it for our shelter building, then painted it green and brown to blend it in.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Hi LS

At the moment it's on the back burner - I was going to do some investigation this weekend but stuff got in the way... I may follow up some leads this coming weekend.

Cheers for the tips, folks!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
LS that looks like a cool Yurt type thing you have made youself there!

i'd love to hear more about it, did you build it from scratch!?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE