Devon Weekend....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi All, I am going to have a meet the w/e Friday 9th - Sunday 11th December , its going to be either at Silverwoods or The Great Plantation, as my site is taken by our local farmer for grazing , also if we get inclement weather , he needs the emergency evacuation option for his stock .

The good news is that the site has been secured for 2012 !!

So anyone wanting to attend please , show an interest on here , any questions etc feel free to ask , no cost just an informal gathering as usual .

Atb Ivan....

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Have had a chance to explore the Great Plantation now but where is Silverwoods? Is it at Ilsington?

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Skate yes it is , its an old silver mine an old stomping ground of mine when i was a lad , another slight possibility is Rora Woods , when we have a few confirmed we can decide.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
I can't make that weekend at all, works Christmas do on the Saturday night. Any chance you may stay on beyond Sunday? Maybe till Tuesday/Wednesday?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi All, I have just got back from a reccy at the possible sites for the upcoming meet , and The Great Plantation is ideal , safe parking , about a quarter of a mile walk to the site, level well sheltered area , plenty of trees to hang and room to ground dwell, loads of firewood, small stream running through .

So.i don't think there will be many of us, coz of Christmas etc. Speaking of which a few have expressed an interest in a Boxing Day meet for a few days so those into that let me know .

Paul W. I am quite happy to stay on till the Wed if that helps pal , not sure who else will be able to, maybe state on here , thanks .

A bit nearer the time i will send you all directions etc.

Cheers Ivan...

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
It looks like if I can shake off the hangover on Sunday I should be down in the afternoon and can hopefully stay for a few days. Time to get the cold weather gear out!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
added me provisionally, as discussed with Ivan :)

1.dave 53
2. Adam (pencilled)
3. Al
4. Jonajuna (pencilled)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right you lot , here it is ! after much wandering etc. I have found us a lovely spot, for those of you interested , closest grid ref i can acheive is .

SX 813 - 756 , closest postcode is TQ12 6HL , and for the more technical Lat 50.56805 Long -3.677458 .

Its half way along Belle View Straights, you can find one pic on the interweb , decent parking , level ground , great hang and ground facilities, loads of firewood/kindling ,a clean little stream , local shops about a mile away , and even a pub about 3/4 of a mile away !!

Only drawback i can see , after spending a couple of hours there yesterday , ( Sunday ) was a couple of more adventurous dog walkers , but if we go deeper ,no chance of being disturbed. 114 acres to choose from.

Looking forward to it already Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well at least we should be fully entertained at the upcoming meet , thanks to the new double act, Savage and Newman !!
Look out for them on Britains Got Talent .

You should not encourage him Paul .

Disclaimer... I have never knowingly disgusted Jon...

Oh! apart from when i drank his tequila.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
What did you expect? We have both got to keep our famous celebrity status under raps. We're careful that we don't look like our public personas. He doesn't look like he does in Myth Busters and I don't look like Cool Hand Luke!

But talent will always rise to the surface!

:dancer:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE