Details ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
while packing my bag ready for an overnighter tomorrow it got me thinking about the finer things that i have packed for the trip.
as uncle ray once said its all about the smaller details that add up. so what small details do you all include be it toilet roll or a simple folding washing up bowl ? Let me know

mandos

rg598

Native
The small things tend to add up to a heavy pack, so I try to keep them to a minimum. The luxuries I bring are toilet paper (I roll some up from the main roll) and an inflatable pillow (1.4 oz). I just have a hard time sleeping without a pillow, and the stuff sack used to make a pillow by some people is actually heavier than the pillow, so I bring it. :)

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
Mine are quite bulky items but well worth it, a 500ml of double strength squash and washing up equipment consisting of a canvas fold-able water bowl washing up liquid and sponge

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Of course this is purely for medicinal purposes only yeah ? :rolleyes:

Antioxidant Activity

Brandy serves as a source of antioxidants, reports a study published in the "Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry" in 2010. Antioxidants play a major role in keeping your tissues free from damage because they neutralize free radicals -- reactive chemicals formed either when your tissues are exposed to environmental toxins or as a byproduct of your cellular metabolism. Over time, free radical damage contributes to cellular aging, as well as chronic disease, so consuming sources of antioxidants, such as brandy, helps keep your tissues healthy.
Cancer-Fighting Benefits

Brandy also offers health benefits thanks to its ellagic acid -- a phytonutrient with cancer-fighting properties. One study, published in "Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine" in 2013, found that ellagic acid activates genes that halt ovarian cancer cell growth; it also induced ovarian cancer cell death. An additional study, from the September 2013 issue of "Food and Chemical Toxicology," yielded similar results in bladder cancer cells. While it is not yet known exactly how much brandy protects against cancer, it might offer health benefits.
Cardiovascular Benefits

Brandy might also offer cardiovascular benefits thanks to its polyphenol content. Alcoholic drinks that contain polyphenols suppress the activity of a gene, called NF-kappaB, that plays a role in inflammation, reports a study published in "Atherosclerosis" in 2007. Because excessive inflammation and overactivation of NF-kappaB contribute to heart disease, brandy's negative effect on NF-kappaB might benefit your cardiovascular health. Further investigation, however, is needed to know how well it works for preventing cardiovascular disease.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
Well at least some one can back up there theory ! Learn something new everyday...

Antioxidant Activity

Brandy serves as a source of antioxidants, reports a study published in the "Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry" in 2010. Antioxidants play a major role in keeping your tissues free from damage because they neutralize free radicals -- reactive chemicals formed either when your tissues are exposed to environmental toxins or as a byproduct of your cellular metabolism. Over time, free radical damage contributes to cellular aging, as well as chronic disease, so consuming sources of antioxidants, such as brandy, helps keep your tissues healthy.
Cancer-Fighting Benefits

Brandy also offers health benefits thanks to its ellagic acid -- a phytonutrient with cancer-fighting properties. One study, published in "Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine" in 2013, found that ellagic acid activates genes that halt ovarian cancer cell growth; it also induced ovarian cancer cell death. An additional study, from the September 2013 issue of "Food and Chemical Toxicology," yielded similar results in bladder cancer cells. While it is not yet known exactly how much brandy protects against cancer, it might offer health benefits.
Cardiovascular Benefits

Brandy might also offer cardiovascular benefits thanks to its polyphenol content. Alcoholic drinks that contain polyphenols suppress the activity of a gene, called NF-kappaB, that plays a role in inflammation, reports a study published in "Atherosclerosis" in 2007. Because excessive inflammation and overactivation of NF-kappaB contribute to heart disease, brandy's negative effect on NF-kappaB might benefit your cardiovascular health. Further investigation, however, is needed to know how well it works for preventing cardiovascular disease.

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Antioxidant Activity

Cancer-Fighting Benefits

Cardiovascular Benefits

Does that also apply to rum? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE