DD XL Tarp Modification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JamieA

Need to contact Admin...
May 22, 2012
Swansea, South Wales
Hi guys, Im looking to add a couple of small loops on the underside of my tarp, these will be used primarily to run another ridgeline to hang stuff from and to tie up my moz net as it currently hangs from my sls and its abit close for my liking. Anyone got any ideas on how to do this without ruining my tarp. Was gonna just run the line with paracord but don't think it'll hold without sagging.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Bend a piece of line to your existing ridgeline and lead it under your tap and then bend the other end onto the ridge line beyond the end of the tarp. A rolling hitch (aka tautline hitch) at each end would probably suffice. This would need your inner line to be of the same size or, preferably, smaller stuff than the ridgeline.

Last edited:

JamieA

Need to contact Admin...
May 22, 2012
Swansea, South Wales
That's what I was thinking, get another 4.6m of paracord and tie it with sliding knot each side. Was gonna use one of my old fishing knots (not sure of name but it invokes making a loop then running line around main line and through loop several times and pulling tight, the more times the better the grip. Not explained very well I know.) but will try that knot instead now. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
That's what I was thinking, get another 4.6m of paracord and tie it with sliding knot each side. Was gonna use one of my old fishing knots (not sure of name but it invokes making a loop then running line around main line and through loop several times and pulling tight, the more times the better the grip. Not explained very well I know.) but will try that knot instead now. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A Prussik by the sounds of it, with a double/triple fishermans joining each end of the rope to form the prussik loop.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You could just tie your second line off to the trees, an evenk at one end and something to give you tension at the other.

I can never remember the name but this one shown by our Will

Tie prusiks on to attach your netting to

I used to use a second line for hanging clothes/boots off, suspending my underblanket etc, as long as you've got decent cordage and you get good tension then it'll work fine.

JamieA

Need to contact Admin...
May 22, 2012
Swansea, South Wales
The knot i was trying (without much sucess) to explain is the same one that Will uses as slip knots on his guy lines. Suppose i could tie some paracord to the existing prussiks, should work well as long as i get the length right. Also could get my mate to splice the two lines together at each end, again would work well if i get the length right. Cheers Guys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE