DD Frontline (Karabiner Mod), Dutch 'Goretex'/MVP Bivi Bag & Dutch Smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I'm letting go of some of the stuff which currently sits in the 'when/if' part of the gear cupboard and is therefore unlikely to be used now I have both winter and summer kit that I'm happy with.

First up; a DD Frontline in excellent condition, which has been modified to accommodate the 'Karabiner' modification. For those of you that are unfamiliar with this, Oakhill Wanderer has posted a good article detailing this on his blog here:
http://oakhillwanderer.com/2011/04/01/dd-frontline-hammock-setup-inc-karabiner-mod/

The hammock comes in a stuffsac as standard, but with 2 x Oval Maillon Rapides (Cost about £4 each normally and are basically steel screw-gate alternatives to the ones shown in Oakhill's blog), and a 'snakeskin' sleeve to protect it when you put it up (usually £9). The tree slaps are made from DD's webbing (instead of climbing tape shown within the blog) which was replaced earlier this year. All in, this would cost about £66 I'm looking for £55 including all fees and recorded postage please. SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Also on offer is this Dutch 'Goretex' MVP Bivi bag. In absolutely excellent condition, even though it has been issued, I'd probably say it's never been used. These have central openings with velcro fastening, a draw-string hood and two loops at the base to accommodate a thermarest or sleep mat, thereby protecting the bivi bag itself. If you're lucky enough to find one in this condition, you're looking at £49.95 from Endicotts. REMOVED FROM SALE

Finally.....Another Dutch offering: A Field Smock (Size Large)
Unused, as I now have other jackets, and no man needs more than two olive jackets! I bought this for winter as you can button the Dutch-issue goretex/mvp liner into the smock to keep you dry,which I didn't get round to buying as its already double layered dense woven cotton and feels rugged. To give you an idea of size, I'm 6'2" and a 42" chest and its is still a touch large on me with a t-shirt, thermals and a fleece on underneath. It features four front pockets, a hem drawstring and a waist drawstring. Excellent value at £15 to your door via recorded postage and fees included.

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
How much weight can the hammock carry ? Is it a comfy lay ? I've not slept in a hammock apart from a garden one !
Cheers

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
The Frontline can cope with me and I'm 6'2" and at my heaviest I was 16st. I've seen heavier folk in them and they handle it very well. Hope this helps.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Midweek bump. Will consider swaps for the smock. Looking for leatherworking bits, specifically curved and diamond awls with or without hafts.

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
if you change your mind about the dutch bivi, could you give me a pm, please. just asking like (can't find an arthur daley winking smilie)

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
if you change your mind about the dutch bivi, could you give me a pm, please. just asking like (can't find an arthur daley winking smilie)

Sorry Dave the Dutch Bivi sale went through and was posted. It was removed from sale and reserved for a member, it has now been paid for etc

The jacket is to fit a wool liner and not a Goretex one as per RonW. Despite this, it has been sold.

Mods, feel free to lock this thread now, as all items are sold.

Cheers everyone :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE