Dartmoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Hey folks

Wondered if any of you had any ideas where I can take my son camping on Dartmoor. I have walked parts of it and stayed in a few camp sites but this year we want to camp in a forest area if possible but have never been to the dartmoor forest area.

Any of you folks have experience of this part of Dartmoor who can offer advice please.

Thanks

leon-1

I have hammock camped on a number of sites on the Moor. I am a great fan of the area along the Bovey Valley, but be aware to keep well back from the banks of the river. It's nice going upto Lustleigh and also visiting Clam Bridge (it's a disgrace about the new bridge, but there's not a lot we can do about it). Another good one would be to take the walk from Holne Chase along the Dart River upto Dartmeet, once again camp back from the river itself. No open fires are allowed on either so camping stove will be required.

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Thanks for the advise.

I use gas stoves as usually when I camp out it is too windy to have a safe fire. I was planning to camp in Fernworthy forest with a small tent as pictures show it to be a lovely forest with some grassy areas where the tent can be pitched.

Thanks guys

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE