Dartmoor 4 " Return Of Te Wood Smoke "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
" Who goes you decide " Well i have decided to get another gathering together at my place from, Friday 30th September - Sunday 2nd October, before daylight hours become a real issue and hopefully, we will be in the middle of the Indian summer we are always promised, so usual rules apply , cant remember what they are ! Oh yeah come and mix with like minded people , eat drink be merry , learn a bit , relax or be busy , but above all enjoy ...

Register an interest if you so desire..

Ivan...

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
I'm in for this one, couldn't make the last one due to commitments.

can someone let me know where we meet up and if we bring just our own food or bring loads to share and alcohol etc

Also, if anyone needs a lift from around the Torquay area, i'm happy to help.

Also, what's the rules regarding people under 18, can my 13 year old son come as well... doesn't matter if the language can get a bit colourful, i know he's heard it all in the playground.

Cheers

Phill

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
aye aye cap'n

i bees coming yer way like :)

subject to life not getting in the way and all the usual disclaimers :p

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
ignore me TBL, yes, wrong person giving lifts etc. i have a bit of a memory issue and am easily confused, its Mandis fault, she force feeds me brandy :'(

lol

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
If I can, I will, sorry I missed the last one. I will know by Tuesday night. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces, and meeting some new ones.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
To Wild Thing , (Phill) glad you can make this one , to answer some questions for you and maybe a few others .

Cost £10.00 for the weekend includes , safe and secure parking, firewood, various, dutch ovens , cooking pots , heavy items etc. etc .

No charge for under 18s, but without being rude you are responsible for your lad.

There is a 1.2 km walk to the site so come as light as you can , although we all muck in and help .

Alcohol no problem , but sometimes the late night fireside banter can be a little adult at times ! ( common sense prevail )

We will organise at least 2 group meals , especially as we now have The Big Lebowski, as our own personal camp chef ! (not sure he knows yet !) but everybody also brings their own food , and we sort of chip in for any emergency supply runs as needed.

A bit closer to the time i will post and pm you directions tel nos etc .

Any other questions please ask

Atb Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Jon , will be great to see you again, i dont think we have to worry about Cory , he is more responsible than you !
i take it you wont be bringing the Billy Smarts big top , and have sensibly aquired something a little lighter, or to we need to reserve a landing strip for you ?

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Ivan

That's brilliant mate, thanks

To be honest, when he's out in the woods, Kieran switches into responsible mode as i've always stressed to him the dangers of pratting around when there are fires and sharps around.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Regards

Phill

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Can't say I've had the pleasure... Maybe one day he can cook a romantic meal for 13 :)

An extra pair of hands is always a bonus! I'll bring my shaving sharp Globals. I think I found the limits of an SAK last time :yelrotflm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE