Custom Stuart Mitchell #126 Deval Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
SOLD Custom Bushcrafter in 01 steel @ Rc 59/60 120mm blade, 105mm handle with stabalised curly birch slabs and black fibre liners, stainless steel fittings, leather sheath. Beautiful knife from Stu that has been used and not abused and has a true flat mirror polished scandi grind. No defects in anyway, sheath shows light use with a nick from the blade on front surface, otherwise superb condition. The slabss on the knife are like new with no nicks scrapes or dints and have an amazing depth of pattern. As they are stabalised and impregnated with resin, they will not warp and can take much more abuse and damp conditions than untreated wood. Firesteel included. Loads of pictures....

DSC04850.jpg

Comes complete with case, guarantee/certificate etc...

DSC04868.jpg

DSC04858.jpg

DSC04860.jpg

Satin bead blasted finish....

DSC04864.jpg

DSC04867.jpg

£195 wanted (£100 less than it cost in 2008), which includes RMSD and PP fees.SOLD

More pictures here...

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Deval Bushcrafter/

Last edited:

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Phew! I was weakening, and I definately haven't got the money :D

That design just ticks all the boxes for me, fantastic

Rat

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Few more where that came from mate. Unfortunately though, they ain't for sale. I'm sure Stu would make one for you when you are flush :)

DSC04872.jpg

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I'm complicated :D I've also started to move away from scandi grinds and like Stus full flat with this design. Here's his latest, tis sweeet.

010.jpg

Tis veritable bushcraft eyecandy.
Stuarts work is perfect and your design is up with it. That is the best knife I've seen for a long time.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
Tis veritable bushcraft eyecandy.
Stuarts work is perfect and your design is up with it. That is the best knife I've seen for a long time.

Hmmm, not too sure about that! Probably personal opinion, but the blade seems to be very deep. Not quite sure what the hump is for either! The scales are nice though, very shiny! :D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hmmm, not too sure about that! Probably personal opinion, but the blade seems to be very deep. Not quite sure what the hump is for either! The scales are nice though, very shiny! :D

Hump.. HUMP!!!! You heathen. That'd be a thumb/palm ramp. The blade is deep, I choke up on a blade better if it's slightly deeper than norm cos' of my long fingers.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS

You are correct, that was my personal opinion. I prefer flat grinds and wider blades. I have seen and handled lots of Stuarts knives and have never seen a flaw in any of them, which, in my opinion, makes his work, perfect.
I think Jonathon may agree with me, tho many would prefer a thicker,straighter, woodlore style knife in case they need to fell some trees.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE