Custom Kydex Sheath ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
You could make something yourself. :D

I used polycarbonate from RS Components and some 4-40 and 10-32 screws I had lying around to make this.
. by Last Scratch, on Flickr
I am pretty sure that a simpler job could have been done with binding post screws (used for leather work and folder binding)

Blade retention is by friction, there is a welt of plastic around the perimeter, and near the tip I heated the panel and pushed it in against the blade with a rounded object.

Reactions: robevs73

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I saw a condor parang sheath made from old car dash board, it's basically grey kydex. The guy had done a really good job of it, i'm assuming that a kydex sheath of that size would not be cheap to commission, at least £50. If you decided to make your own aluminium pop rivets and washers would work just fine aswell, you could also paint them black if you want to be fussy. A one off job you could use old kipmat sandwiched between two planks for the forming .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE