Cupa Soups

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I'm quite partial to a minestrone soup. Although I tend to use cup a soups as a basis for a pasta sauce when camping rather than actually drinking them.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
They are all nice and do indeed make good bases for pasta.

Also they seem to be a product that is reduced a lot...I have seen them as cheap as 50p a pack.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Heinz Oxtail, Cream of Chicken, Vegetable and Cream of Tomato are my favourites. As Tengu said they are often on special my local Londis had a special 3 boxes for a pound so I stocked up.

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I generally do the same sort of thing as Mousey and use cupasoups to brighten up noods.

Of late I've been getting this stuff from my local Chinese supermarket (45p),

tomyum1_zpsy3f8xcpt.jpg

I find the little slab of paste is about enough for 4 packets of noods. I just cut the little sacet up; the stuff stays together ok.

tomyum2_zpsmsbejlep.jpg

Add a little tin of fish and its tasty snack.

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Having spent a year cooking a different soup every day.. I cannot condone these!

That said, there is the odd tasty one :) I also like minestrone. When in the mood for soup though I normally use the clearspings miso soup sachets.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have a look on the Polish section of the supermarket. One of them is an instant beetroot soup (sorry name has gone out of my head). A couple of teaspoons in boiling water and its the best instant soup I've ever tasted. Earthy and sweet, also nice beefed up either cous-cous or some noodles.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I buy those cheap 3 minute noodles (the ones without the placky cup) and cup-a-soups to put in my van for the odd time I want something hot to eat at work.

Open noodles, throw noodle flavour away in skip and add cup-a-soup and hot water from my flask. Means I don't have to queue up for the microwave or spend my time going to shops.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im not sure I want to know about that.

The instant noodle packets with rice noodles are also nice. Get them online or your local Oriental store

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE