Course discount offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Joe from the Wilderness Surrvial Skills school has offered us 6 places on his Primitive tools course for a bushcraft uk member price of £145 it’s on 11th - 12th October which is very short notice I know but it looks good, especially as John Lord will be taking the flint knapping and there's loads of other stuff going on over the weekend.

This is some of the stuff covered:
Over the weekend you will learn:
• Stone selection
• Percussion flaking
• Core blade removal
• Pressure flaking
• Blade hafting
• Natural glues and bindings
• Using and maintaining sharp cutting tools
• Campfire cooking
• Applying plasters

You’ll have the whole weekend means that there will be plenty of time to make shafts for arrows, helves for axes, handles for knives. I will be providing red deer sinews for bindings, goose feathers for fletchings and even deer hides for making sheaths etc. There will be time in the mornings to source other natural materials such as pine resin, nettle fibres and any wild food we can find en route. The evening meal will involve wild game and will be cooked over a campfire and accommodation will be basha tarp or tent.

There’s a maximum course size of 10 people on this course.
Cost £145
Contact Joe

For more information have a look at the course page here http://www.wilderness-survival.co.uk/courses/primitive-tools-course.php

contact details are:
Joe O'Leary

e: joe@wilderness-survival.co.uk

t: 0771 8078619
and say that you’re from bushcraft uk to receive your discount.

Here's some more info:
People can arrive on Friday evening 10th October to set up camp if they want (around 6pm) or just turn up at 8am on the Saturday morning for briefings.
There will be plenty of time during the day to set up their own tents etc if they can't make it until Saturday morning. We will be finishing at 5pm on Sunday 12th October. I can collect from Salisbury station if needs be - those options are all on the booking form, just tick the right boxes. (available on website)

We will be starting with the basics of flint knapping first, having plenty of time for everyone to master these on the Saturday and hopefully make several objects over the course of the day such as axe heads, scrapers, arrow heads etc. Lunch will be provided and evening meal will be cooked over a campfire and will involve preparation of wild rabbit and pigeon for the meal. Other vegetarian options are available as long as we know in advance.

The Sunday will start with a short walk to gather materials and then focus on more advanced skills such as pressure flaking and shaping. Once these are mastered there will be time to make handles for axe heads, shafts for arrows etc. The woodland site is made up of mostly Hazel coppice so we will be surrounded by the materials required. I will also be providing sinews, feathers, rawhide, antler and animal hides for completing the flint projects.

The whole course will be extremely relaxed after the safety briefs so if folk want to take time out to work on their own projects they've got the whole weekend to do so. A parachute canopy will provide overhead cover, there will be lanterns for working on after dark and a big old kettle permanently simmering away over the main campfire for brews.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Any chance of getting this type of thing posted weekly? Say on a Wednesday so that it can be booked in time for the weekends etc.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Not very clear,

I was thinking for the coming year.

Its Ok for me to get away at short notice you see and I cant resist a bargain.:), All those spaces on courses going begging almost every week.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We'll get info on his type of thing us as soon as we have it, we'll also start getting the newsletters out again so that people have more notice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE