correctly sizing images

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
I would like to know the correct size for posting images? The ones I have posted appear as thumbnails until clicked on

For example..

IMGP1637.jpg

This is 1.12mb in size
For more scenery based / bimble photos I would like them larger, is it a sizing limitation thing? I had assumed they would appear in scale to their saved size? Or could be stretched / reduced, like in a WORD document?

I apologise for any bumbling on my part if I've missed something obvious:eek:

thanks

jon

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
though if your uploading direct from your system the server may well be resizing to a defined size due to not wanting to take up to much room,

what's the best way of doing this mate? I'm not that computer savvy, more than some folk but.. I want to upload a mega file of pics today ! how would I go about it ?

Are the original sizes of pics ok ? or do I need to mess about in P.Shop, re-sizing ? there's loads !!

Mega file, all as one !

cheers pal !

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
have you read Ahjno's pic tutorial?

1. Click here, to go to your user controlpanel (User CP).
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/usercp.php
2. Scroll down to the bottom, 'till you see 'Miscellaneous Options'
3. Under 'Message Editor Interface' tick the box saying 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls'.
4. Click 'Save changes' at the bottom right.

The only option under miscellaneous is attatchments, just a history of the pics Ive posted, none of the options in the tutorial,

thanks mate

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Best to go through photobucket then? just been reading a tutorial. Can you bulk upload pics or will i be cutting and pasting linky things?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I think if you just use the pic button and select to upload straight from your system the forum software will sort the sizing out for you, though it may take a while to upoad, then you will get the clickable pics which take you to the larger pics, if you wanted bigger pics to show then you would have to use a pic hosting site and again use the pic button but the use the url option instead,

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
just to say though, having your pic reduced in size can sometimes be a good thing! else people can have issues either downloading it or even being able to see it,

128969d1243287456-world-record-inonotus-obliquus-picture-164.jpg

you want to reduce the size to sensibly show on screen i usually reduce to 600 wide for big 400 wide for general stuff ( most websites are based on 800 wide x 600 high screen settings so 3000 plus photos wont show very easily )

I reduce on my computer then upload as it saves uploading a massive file
i uses to upload into Photo bucket which you can bulk upload to then you need to copy and paste the link it generates

i havent uploaded into BCUK i now upload to my own website and link from there but again I always resize for web use first

ATB

Duncan

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I just load everything onto photobucket and re-size there to 800x600 or there abouts. I find this a good size. Once you have loaded all your pics it takes about 20 seconds to re-size each photo.

Steve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE