coolking in the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crwydryny

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2008
south wales
does anyone know of any good simple recipies for meals to cook over a camp fire using things that can be found easily in the woods? or know for any websites with intresting recipies.

basically I'm looking for something quick and easy that I can cook up while out in the woods, I should point out however my cooking skills are limited to "toss it on the fire until it turns black or bursts into flames" lol

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hiya,I found a cracking site for ideas and it is called something like backpacking chef. com or other, if you can't find it let me know. Also the Scouts have whole books of recipes online. How that helps.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Mattesons smoked sausage, tin of chopped tomato's, pepper. Slice the sausage & the pepper(s) put it in the billy with the tomato's, and leave it to simmer. Goes great with rice, pasta etc.. & easy to add to if you've got others with you.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE