Confessions of a bushcrafter with many other interests

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
O.K I will admit it. While Bushcraft, fishing ,hunting, photography in general are the biggest part part of my entertainment time, I gulp, have many other interests :eek: Love to play Golf,Cook ( and of course Eat ), I wouldn't be Canadian without loving Hockey, and I play chess daily at least 1/2- 2 hrs a day!:yikes:
So fess up now, what do YOU like to do when not getting bushy with it?:)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Well, I...I...I (gulp) - this like being at a AA meeting. I'll be strong.

I PLAY WITH TOY SOLDIERS!

Not Warhammer. Not anymore.
But historicals. I have a massive collection of circa-1066 stuff, and lots of American War of Independence/Revolutionary War (delete as you prefer), and just starting a collection of 100 Years War (always been a medievalist).
Oh yes, I also like cycling. And I write (written a couple of books, which you can still go into Waterstones and buy. Or from Amazon). And play guitar. Used to make and fly my own radio-controlled aricraft, but that's more or less fallen by the wayside now.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I like to get on my bike (when it's not been nicked), write electronic music (down tempo chillout stuff), cook (a lot) and watch the footie. I'd probably class gardening as a hobby if it wasn't my job.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Reading, mainly fantasy and sci-fi
Make and teach Stained Glass windows
Walking the dogs
Starting to play Scrabble again (badly)

PhotoGirl

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2010
Lancashire, UK
Cooking & baking, textiles (varying types, i like to learn new things,) painting & drawing, furniture design & production, antique restoration, joinery & carpentry, fishing, photography, languages, singing and many other things. I love learning and progressing skills and new interests. I like to keep busy, I have two jobs but I still find time to fit all those in (some more than others.)

There are other interests I hold but I don't want to bore you all and others I just don't get the time to do any more.

Edit: Reading & Walking the 2 dogs too.

Confession: I also love computers & music.

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
I play drums in a band,....

i also like to ride my baaaad motorscooootay !! hee heee shamone!!

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Fishing and volunteering with a well known charity ( which I also work for as my day job) DIY although not bushy stuff really more the kind of maintenance stuff really.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
all types of fishing, my bigger and badder motorscoooty than Raikey's, walking, tinkering with cars and of course knives, knives, knives ! :)

oh, and lager !

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
all types of fishing, my bigger and badder motorscoooty than Raikey's, walking, tinkering with cars and of course knives, knives, knives ! :)

oh, and lager !

hahaha but my low rev high torque power delivery ,...and the noise!!??...i beat you on the twin unbaffled ART cans surley?????

hahaha

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
knifes, stoves, bit and bobs craftey and diy bushey stuff, fishing now and then 4x4 of road when i get another lanny, shooting and blades blades blades.......

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
here ya go :)

HEATHERSPICS377.jpg

covered in muck after a 12 hour run down to Cornwall in the most awfull rain !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE