Comriecroft and the proposed Crieff to Comrie footpath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has had an email about the proposal to create a footpath between Crieff and Comrie using the old railway line.
Part of the intent is to join up the footpath with others within the footpath/cycle route network. So eventually someone could walk, or cycle, from their front door to the Comriecroft area without having to dodge traffic, etc., :)

There will need to be a lot of work done to reestablish the route, and the suggestion is for work parties to be organised to do some of it.

How about a meet up at Comriecroft if the plan does come together, and we spend a couple of days chipping in some labour for a good thing ? :)

In the meantime, there's a survey that has about six weeks to run as the community try to get a handle on local (and visitor) interest, etc.,

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CorePathSurvey.

atb,
Mary

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Beautiful place up there, back in 2011 i entered the hairy coo mtb race, crashed out right in front of the official cameraman on lap 2 with a concussion and extended shoulder, awesome weekend

Over the Top.jpgFirst Contact.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'd be up for that Toddy, can bring the Tipi and woodburner along as an extra hang out for folks too if needs be. Have my own axes and billhooks though am sans chainsaw these days. Would be nice to help out the excellent folks at Comrie Croft and the Comrie residents. The Comrie Cancer Club shop often has nice old wool blankets very cheap that may be of interest to some folk too.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
We've walked along a small stretch of the route, and it'd be a good addition.. I'd be interested in joining in..

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
It's a doable walk now and pleasant, maybe not for everyone though. There is a counter petition by some of the land owners.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I did wonder if there was any kind of organised opposition to the walkway.
While most of us here are more inclined to the pro rather than negative of such situations, perhaps in the interests of even handed fairness, that a link to the other side of the discussion could be found ?

atb,
Mary

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Sorry not too sure Mary. A friend of the wife has been going on about it, apparently it'll affect her families farm. At this point I'd like to add. I'm not bothered either way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE