comrie croft 29th april - 2nd may

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey folks short notice but me and swmbo aka water gypsy of this parish are staying at Comrie Croft this week as a wee holiday. If anyone fancies a night or two under canvas or even to pop round for a brew and a chat feel free to do so :)

Hamish & Fionn

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice one :)

No promises, I'm doing the running around this week, but it'd be good to see folks :) and Comriecroft is overdue a visit.

Hope the weather's good :)

atb,
Toddy

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi, was great to meet you and Water Gypsy, great seeing "The Sporran" for real too - folks it's even better than the pics show. Sorry I was a bit under the weather, should be running around soon. Hope you enjoyed your holiday. All the best, Colin.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
we had a great time, and really enjoyed meeting you both Colin was great company indeed. Comrie croft is a special place for us and will most likely become a wee tradition every now and then. George who manages the site was superb with everything and just as we were leaving he called me over. They had accidentally unearthed a large ash root he told me. Ash being the norse tree of life yggdrasil, he thought of us immediatly and carved two kuksas from the same peice for us complete with runic inscriptions "we two are one" it was a beautiful gift and completely unexpected so thanks George!

for anyone interested here are a couple of pictures of the Kata and the kuksas

cimg2893.jpg

cimg2844w.jpg

cimg2869b.jpg

cimg2870g.jpg

There was a lovely Collie on site that kept coming in for cuddles he was lovely and much needed as we weren;t able to take our dog with us.

47912910150290900534955.jpg

cimg3004k.jpg

cimg3005l.jpg

Before we left scotland we were lucky to have an impromptu 'viking' photo shoot with our friend Kat, NightPhoenix of this parish. got some lovely shots with the kuksas here is one of them

p1240835.jpg

Until next time!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice pics Hamish

It looks like George has done a good job on the new Katas, he was just cutting out the pieces on the prototype when we were up last autumn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE