coleman dual fuel sevice - how to?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I was using my brother sportser stove when lasdt out camping but it didn't sem to have that nice jet engine sound or that nice blue flame. It got a month of use went he went touring on the motor bike so I'm gues bits are a bit clogged up. Does anyone have any tips for sorting it out?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Yeah ... same thing happened to me mate. Empty out the fuel and then undo the nut on the end of the brass preheater (you might also need to undo a couple of screws holding the other end of the preheater). Then, unhook the rod holding the wire and remove the assembly. Then, take out the wire (be careful with it) and give it a clean and rinse some fuel through the preheater (and some air - human power). That fixed it for me but then I went onto an MSR.

If you need spare parts ... good luck. I never found any!

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
What do you run through yours? Coleman fuel (which makes petrol seem positively cheap) or unleaded? The problem always comes with petrol and goes to show why cars are fitted with fuel filters.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
I think only pop stars who go camping run them on Coleman fuel ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE