Chinese resturaunts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
now who goes there? Anyone Because if you do they are a great sauce of kindling.
Why? Well the throw away chopsticks are wooden are they not? so once used rap them in a bag bring em home shot them through the dishwasher and hey prestro clean and dry kindling

now the more u go the more kindleing u a mass
drew

Bluezephyr

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2013
Stratton
You'd need a family of four going 3 nights a week for a year to get a bag full. By that time it would have cost you such an amount you wish you'd have paid £2 for the bag of kindling up the local shop!
The few times the wife and I have had Chinese food out its always been plastic chopsticks, I do prefer the wooden ones as I find until they go soggy the friction on the wood helps to pick up the food easier.

It takes so little to light a dry pine cone, I'm sticking with my bag of very dry ones.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
It's worth noting that Monosodium glutamate, abundantly used in the preparation of Chinese dishes in both the restaurants & take-aways in the UK, does have some serious effects on brain tissue including the destruction of the "little grey cells"...........................................

Bon appétit.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
It's far better for Chinese restaurants to switch to titanium sporks........

"In China, an estimated 45 billion pairs of disposable chopsticks are produced annually.[SUP][26][/SUP] This adds up to 1.66 million cubic metres of timber[SUP][27][/SUP] or 25 million fully grown trees every year.[SUP][26][/SUP] In April 2006, the People's Republic of China imposed a five percent tax on disposable chopsticks to reduce waste of natural resources by over-consumption.[SUP][28][/SUP][SUP][29][/SUP] This measure had the most effect in Japan as many of its disposable chopsticks are imported from China,[SUP][26][/SUP] which account for over 90% of the Japanese market"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopsticks

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
It might be possible to make some sort of fire starter by allowing the meal to congeal overnight into a big solid mono sodium glutamate lump, then adding petrol or meths to it.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's worth noting that Monosodium glutamate, abundantly used in the preparation of Chinese dishes in both the restaurants & take-aways in the UK, does have some serious effects on brain tissue including the destruction of the "little grey cells"...........................................

Bon appétit.

Maybe. maybe not. Anyway it certainly does taste great.

All this reminds me; I've got to put Ac'cent on my shopping list. I'm out.

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove

Bon appétit.
MSG is also a blood clotting chemical, during the Lao war my Thai wife used to smuggle it across the Mekong and sell to Lao soldiers. Used the same as Quickclot, just sprinkle on wound. Wouldn't do it myself mind you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE