Cheap Hammocking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 12, 2009
Kent, England
I've got forty quid left over from Christmas...
I want to get some kit for hammocking
I've seen a lot of recommendations for DD hammocks because of their cheapness and relatively good quality.
So should I buy a camping hammock, cheap tarp and some paracord or should I save up for some better kit (bearing in mind that it'll probably take me at least half the year to save up enough for something like a Hennessey).

Cheers,
Fred

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
The TenthWonder hammock comes with tapes to tie up to the trees with a simple bow. For a tarp I went with their Sargasso hexagonal tarp. Again comes with tapes and guy lines also some wooden pegs. To be honest I make pegs when I'm ready to setup.

Aug 12, 2009
Kent, England
Yeah Ive been looking at the Tenth Wonder ones but if I got one of those, I'd have to go for the camo one, which has no tarp... And that would mean I'd spend more on the tarp than the hammock! lol
I think ill get the hammock and find a crazily cheap tarp somewhere else... unless anyone else has any ideas?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I think ill get the hammock and find a crazily cheap tarp somewhere else... unless anyone else has any ideas?

For a good value but cheap tarp nip along to Decathlon at Thurrock and get one of their tarps for £20 complete with guy lines pegs and poles. I've used one of theirs for over 18 months now and don't see any need to upgrade yet.

Dec 30, 2009
northampton
ive just bought the tenth wonder jungle camo hammock £31 with shipping not had a chance to test it yet but looks a good setup combined with hex tarp youve got alot of feturse for not to much wonga if thats any help

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE