Cheap Greenheat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
Safeways/Morrisons are selling boxes of 12 Greenheat sachets, and 1 litre bottles of gel for 48 pence at the moment. Seems helping the environment isn't too popular with the BBQ crowd.

Douglas

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2004
Switzerland
Can you transport the stuff by plane? I wouldn't mind trying some, but if I can't bring it back it wouldn't be much use... (spending my holidays in Scotland)

Edit : Sorry, I forgot : thanks for the tip :biggthump

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
WELL THERE GOES MY PENSION PLAN!! :yikes:

Seriously, this is a fantastic offer people (should I be saying this? what a crap business man) I love this stuff - none toxic - none smelly (almost) - its excellent tinder, one sachet will heat a mug of water (if used with a stove set up) as the guys on the Islay hike will verify and its eco firiendly. And at that price, try it at least, you got nothing to loose!!

As for plane safe - Douglas its as stable as can be - just leave it in your hold gear and I would immagine it would be fine - although dont take my word as gospel, and if your worried check with your airline before departure.

I'm off the weep quietly in a corner now!! :cry:

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Safeway can make mistakes with the pricing.
Last summer i bought 24 33cl bottles of Stella (a case) and was charged for a six pack.
Six packs where on offer at £3.60.
I asked the guy on the checkout if he'd made a mistake and he said if it was coming up on the machine at that ,thats what it was.
I came back into the shop and got 11 more cases (didn't want to be greedy :lol: )
288 bottles of Stella for £43.20 ,15p a bottle.
The guy on the checkout was killing himself laughing and so was i when i got home. :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):
I always have a little check when im in just in case but i doubt they will let it happen again :naughty:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Well, if they made a mistake on the green heat its their problem!! Get some before they realise.

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
Definitely not a mistake. Price signs showed original price with a slash through it and the new price marked up. It went through the till at 48p no problem.

MarkG

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 4, 2004
Wednesbury, West Mids
I couldn't find it in mine either :cry: So I brought some vodka instead and added some blackberry's from the garden. Just got to wait for/ find some sloes for the other half of the bottle :eek:):

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Regardless of price it's great stuff.
I'm now running a hex stove on it and it's now quite a pleasant experience.
I could never stand the fumes from the Hex blocks :yuck:
401_0188_1.jpg

RB

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Well I just popped in to my local Safeways on the off chance there was any going and have walked out with 20, yep 20 boxes of the stuff - all at 0.48p each !!!!!!!!!!!

...and it still cost under a tenner - I cant believe my luck :eek:):

I got some pretty strange looks as I was putting as much as I could in to the basket, and at the till :rolmao: I only left about 5 boxes on the shelves :rolmao:

My local store is in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, but who knows if they will restock at these prices ?

p.s they were reduced from 98p and thats still a silly price !

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Yep ,48p a bottle :lol:
No sachets left just bottles and lots of them at Safeways in Newtownards shopping centre.
RB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE