Changes to site?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Umm, The Site is being moved to new servers, however, it's not supposed to be switched over just yet but the enthusiastic tech thought it was a good idea to do it last night. It's supposed to happen later this week after I give everyone notice :D

I'm just about to put up a notice.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Umm, The Site is being moved to new servers, however, it's not supposed to be switched over just yet but the enthusiastic tech thought it was a good idea to do it last night. It's supposed to happen later this week after I give everyone notice :D

I'm just about to put up a notice.

Cheers Tony,

Will the site then work the same as before once the work is complete?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Initially, we aim to get it stable, as it was before and then we'll be making changes over the next while.
After this initial stage there should be little disruption. The idea is to refine a few things and change a few other things which will address some of the member issues. It's an ongoing process as you're no doubt aware.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Initially, we aim to get it stable, as it was before and then we'll be making changes over the next while.
After this initial stage there should be little disruption. The idea is to refine a few things and change a few other things which will address some of the member issues. It's an ongoing process as you're no doubt aware.

Thanks mate and good luck with the project.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I presume this is related to the server change...

When I enter the "Forums" tab, I now lose the tabs at the tab of the page which allow me to navigate around the site.

I get the same thing when I follow e-mail links, I jump to a thread but can not access the navigation tabs.

Is this just me, or is anybody else affected?

Simon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
the sites a lot better now for me as i get a full page,not to strips down each side.

bernie

I have to admit I prefer the forum this way too - and the fact when you click the 'last post' it actually goes to it again ;)

I do hope this is to stay as it definatly makes navaigating easier:D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
the lack of frames is due to moving servers and sorry but it's not going to stay this way, although after we get it all working smoothly I'll be changing the forum pages so that it is better for you guys.

Thanks;)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Thanks Tony - I appreciate what you are doing and the work involved. It was more of information than critisism;) re the frames

I do hope the navigation buttons will stay working though as that is one thing I really missed :rolleyes:

also the frames 'reset' after you post a reply again rather than having to manualy refresh which is good news too...

keep up the good work mate! :D :You_Rock_

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
seems the move to a new server has now caused the site to be blocked at my workplace......

can't quite work out why, comes u with a warning about 'proxy avoidance'.....

bummer

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I like this, but sort of miss something along the side, even a small border. I suppose I just got used to it the way it was. Nice to be able to go straight to the new post though, sooo nice!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Guys, don't get too used to it, the menus are going to come back and then some other changes will be made that will give more space for the forum pages but not as much as this full width :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
YESssssssssssssssssssssssssss :D :lmao:

Honestly, it will be better than it was, lots of people want the left hand menu, just getting rid of the right hand one will make a huge difference.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE