1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - We have the first ever Autumn Moot coming up in October. Click HERE for more information and to secure your place.
    Dismiss Notice

change between themes?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, bugs and feedback about the site' started by Dreadhead, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Dreadhead

Dreadhead Bushcrafter through and through

when the new forum launched, there were two themes available. I switched to the theme which is very easily customised with colours etc, but i think it is missing many features of the other theme.

For example I seem to have no options whatsoever to edit threads. And now I can't for the life of me find out how to change the theme back; I've gone through all profile, preferences, settings, looked all over the forum to see if its around the colour options at the bottom etc, and it escapes me.

What am i missing?

cheers
    Hamish

2. Nice65

Nice65 Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Nothing at the bottom of the page? Ad Styler and the Color Options (It's an American spelling of colour), they're named after the 7 deadly sins and this is supposed to be a non religion and politics forum?

I've left the settings as they were, I'm not impressed with the religious slant at all. Politics, fine. Jonathon Pie takes care of that side of things for me and I don't post it here. Why the color (colour) options are named sloth, gluttony, greed etc I don't know.

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-are-seven-deadly-sins

#2 Nice65, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  3. bopdude

bopdude Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

You mean the option to have it look like the old forum ? it was there but now isn't, I would like that option back as well, if possible ??

Way to go off topic in the first reply, how / why bring politics and religion into a thread just because the spelling is in American English ?

Nice65 likes this.
  4. Nice65

Nice65 Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Yeah, you're right, sorry, just thought it a bit odd.

bopdude likes this.
  5. bopdude

bopdude Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

It is odd, probably find that the forum software author is American or something along those lines ?

6. Tony

Tony White bear (Admin)
    Admin

Firstly, sorry, the second theme option is gone, we quickly discovered that developing two separate themes was not a sustainable option, every time there was a change or an upgrade of sorts it had to be reflected in two separate places and so we cut it to one theme. If you narrow the page it formats to a straight up and down grid.

Dreadhead, the issue with editing etc is a usergroup one not a theme one, I'll sort that out seperately, sorry for the hassle....

bopdude likes this.