Cegga GB???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
there is not even the slightest hint of planning anything yet (i havent even mentioned it to cegga) but i was wondering if people would be interested if i could arrange a group buy from cegga (if i am allowed to).

i dont even know if cegga, being a hobbyist maker in his spare time, would even consider it, but if he would i was wondering what people would suggest?
of course if he cant do it (and i suspect with how low his prices are already he cant) i will try gransfors bruks to see if they can be negotiated with, but i would prefer to support cegga (plus i want one of his axes :D )

the only reason i thought of this is because i havent actually contributed to this forum in my hundreds of posts, and i wanted one of his lovely axes! :D

just wondering what people (especially cegga!) think...

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
oh yeah... that slipped my mind completely!
am i allowed to do it though? i will be doing it through my dads accounts because of age but do i have to be a paying forum member or something?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I wouldn't describe Cegga as a hobbyist maker scorpio - he is a master smith working for a large firm of Swedish axe makers :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd like something just a bit more beefy and upscaled than the BR Hunter, same design though to make a nice pair :)

Damascus mmmmmm
drool.gif

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
I wouldn't describe Cegga as a hobbyist maker scorpio - he is a master smith working for a large firm of Swedish axe makers :)
is it his actual job now?? i thought he did it in his spare time.

shewie, i have been considering how to do it and i was thinking of having a look at what he has made already and what people request and picking a top 2 or 3 axes (1 or 2 would be easier but i dont want to leave people out if they want something).

personally i really like this one:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59500&highlight=cegga+v
and i am considering doing the group buy purely for those type, however if a lot of people also want another kind then i will try to do that too.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
if this isnt removed because i am not a member/trader/other reason, and some numbers are agreed with cegga, i will take suggestions and then do a vote on what most people would like.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
i
shewie, i have been considering how to do it and i was thinking of having a look at what he has made already and what people request and picking a top 2 or 3 axes (1 or 2 would be easier but i dont want to leave people out if they want something).

Yeah no probs I'll go with the flow. Just putting an idea up

if this isnt removed because i am not a member/trader/other reason, and some numbers are agreed with cegga, i will take suggestions and then do a vote on what most people would like.

I don't think there's any issue with setting up a GB, just make sure Cegga knows :)

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
IIRC he is (a) working for the company making axes, and (b) making some *more* axes on the side, as a hobby.
That's how I understand it

Sorry to put a downer on this, but don't you think it would have been polite to ask Cegga first? before you get a list people wanting axes and make him feel obliged to do this to avoid dissapointing them? and using up his free time to do it?

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
i have asked him and i have said i will go no further with this until i discuss it with him.
i am not asking you what designs you would like, just if you would be interested.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
is it his actual job now?? i thought he did it in his spare time.

personally i really like this one:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59500&highlight=cegga+v
and i am considering doing the group buy purely for those type, however if a lot of people also want another kind then i will try to do that too.

That one's mine, pity your so far away or you could of had a go with it.

I'd quite like a smaller one(same length haft)to go with it, hmm...

Rob

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
That's not what you said earlier :p

well, earlier i hadnt asked him :p
i have now but no reply yet...

"I'd quite like a smaller one(same length haft)to go with it, hmm..."

discuss this after i have spoken with cegga, as bikething says he may feel obliged if you start making a list of requests.
thanks for the interest :D

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi!!
This can be done only if the forum agree so you have to ask them first .:grouphug:
I have some work left on a big order to Italy but not so much so after that I am almost free from axes im my mail box :cool:
Have to know what kind of axes and how many before I can say yes and when I can do them, and if you want me to do them :eek:
Cegga

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE