Cegga GB ? 2nd thread opened for discussion of closed list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new axe but I'd really like to hold out for another Cegga if it's happening

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I can't speak for _scorpio_ but I'm certainly keen to move the Gotland axe into the testing stage. If it works well, I'd be happy to commission the first 25 for resale if the group buy doesn't go ahead or people want a more prosaic design

Red

Last edited:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Red, i'm with you, I will hold out for the Gotland axe. You've got one of your 25 right here :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It was the design I suggested during the group buy discussions - and one I will move forward if I can. If Jordan wants to manage a group buy for it (when its sorted), that's his call. If he doesn't, I'll take it forward myself :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats understandable...I'll let _Scorpio_ sort out his group buy for anything of that sort....BTDT

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
It was never too clear in the original thread what the intended design was.

I think it may be along the lines of mine. Is that correct?

DSC01687copy.jpg

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think _scorpio_ hadn't settled on a design and was gauging interest to see what design people wanted

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i also would love to no what is going on with the great buy, was hoping that i could have got mine for christmas.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think people need to manage their expectations as to what one busy family man can produce in his spare time during Scandinavian winters! This is likely to be a long process (measured in months rather than weeks).

I know that _scorpio_ hasn't done one of these before, and I'll let him make his own mind up how he wants to run things, but if anyone is in a deparate hurry for an axe, I suggest they get one from a reputable company that mass produces

Red

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
My personal experience with these things is that they take time. Remember you are talking about a custom made piece by a skilled craftsman.

The time Cegga takes is directly proportionate to the quality of the items he makes and he is a perfectionist :)

Personally i am happy to sit back, happy in the knowledge that when the axe arrives it will be everything i wanted & probably then some.

Please let's not pile pressure on Cegga & Scorpio, there is a list of interested parties & if it's meant to be, it will happen in it's own good time :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE