Cegga / BR Axes - 5th (and possibly final) Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Gents and Ladies - After fielding many PMs asking for the availability of Cegga "BR Hunter" axes - Cegga has made up the last of the remaining heads. We have in total 17 of them (and one mini axe)

The BR axes are the larger ones shown, the smaller single one is the mini

2096309914_81669eacb1.jpg

The British Red "Hunters" Axe

The haft is 40cm in length.

Total weight is 650g and the bit is 7.5cm across.

373541014_53cb3b0ab0.jpg

373541022_8210c7e532.jpg

373541019_8b19e031db.jpg

The axe is a light and compact model - much smaller than a GB small forest or Wetterling large hunter making very portable but still, in my view, large enough for some serious work which I found my mini axe to struggle with.

The conditions of sale

Condition 1.
If you get a customs charge or import duty, you will need to sort that out yourself (I haven't but you might)

Condition 2
This is a PayPal sale - there is no other way this can work due to currencies involved etc. You will need to include your BCUK screen name, real name and shipping address with the payment

If the design is faulty - blame me
Fit, finish, grind, temper, forging standards - blame Cegga (mine is flawless)

There are some great reviews of the axe on this forum – feel free to search for them

Okay so the price for this batch including the axe, mask, shipping and paypal.

£45 to your door in the UK. Other countries will need to pay a shipping charge.

Now, please note, the axes in this batch have been given a slim profile

If you want one of these, please reply on this thread. Strictly first come first served. I'll PM you Ceggas PayPal address and you pay him directly.

If you want the mini axe please mention it on your post, otherwise you will get a normal "BR" axe.

This is the last of the heads that we made together. There will be no more for a long time since we will be focussing next on re-creating the perfect double bit cruiser axe - a project which has interested me for some time and that I will offer here when we get it right.

Please note that when you pay, you must include on Paypal

Your "BCUK" name
Your real name
Your full postal address

Please don't forget as tracking down people is a chore :(. No guarantees they will be here for your Christmas log fire, but if you are quick (and you always have been) they could be

Please note I have offered these on LSG as well so its "first come first served". When we run out it will be the time of the post / PM that decides who gets 'em - seems the fairest way.

Red

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Hello, I've got some cash burning a hole in my pocket, put me down for a "normal" BR axe... many thanks..

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bardster - its pretty much a tiny handle on a 500g head on the mini. I'll hold one of each tonight pending your selection

Red

BRs
Huon 1
SSkyy 1 (e-mail confirmed)
John C 1 (e-mail confirmed)
2 on LSG

12 BRs and 0 mini left (1 mini and 1 BR on hold pending Bardsters Choice)

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Can't believe my luck so...

I'll take a standard BR please :D

Many thanks for this Red.

Andy

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
BRs
Huon 1
AndyW 1
2 on LSG

10 BRs and 0 mini left (1 mini and 1 BR on hold pending Bardsters Choice)

Red

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Hmmm think it will have to be the normal then, can only see the mini being useful for carving and i want to do a bit more with it than that :D, I have a GB mini that I use for carving.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
BRs
Huon 1 (e-mail confirmed)
AndyW 1
Bardster 1
2 on LSG (1 e-mail confirmed)

10 BRs and 1 mini left

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
SB - I've asked Cegga to answer direct - probably best as he ground them - I consider my role as "CMOT Dibbler" here ;)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
BRs
Huon 1 (e-mail confirmed)
AndyW 1 (e-mail confirmed)
Bardster 1 (e-mail confirmed)
Mayfly 1 (e-mail confirmed)
2 on LSG (2 e-mail confirmed)

9 BRs and 1 mini left

Red

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi Red and Cegga,
are these the same grind as the ones from the last group buy (4th), or are they like the original ones?

Hi!!
They are between not so thin as last one´s but not so thick as the first one :werd: .But I gind them thiner last time only for that´s what some wanted .But I was afraid that it will be to thin so I went the half way back this time.
Cegga

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE