Cegga axe to swap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
i have a cegga axe from the 4th group buy;
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24245

i was dazzled by its looks, but have found that i don't use it enough to justify keeping it.
i would like a tatonka 1 tarp (the 4.5m x 4.5m one), or a tarp of similar quality and size.
no damage, used a couple of times, original shaving-sharp edge still intact, and leather mask all good
anyone??!!
tarp now sorted - see my latest post for revised details
SWAPPED WITH MR MITCHELL!

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
This is going to go in a blink i think. Not many about and i've NEVER seen one for sale or swap. An opportunity not to be missed. Get it while you can!

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
I have a polycotton tatonka TC4 which is 4 x 3 if its any good - only put up once never been rained on!

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
No idea how much the tarp is but I am new here and missed out on the group buy...looks a perfect little axe for spoon carving so if you wanted to buy your tarp and sell me the axe I would be happy to give you what you paid for it if you can post it to me.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
No idea how much the tarp is but I am new here and missed out on the group buy...looks a perfect little axe for spoon carving so if you wanted to buy your tarp and sell me the axe I would be happy to give you what you paid for it if you can post it to me.

I know your the spoon meister and I bow to your abilitys, but I reckon its too heavy for spoons. I think the GB mini is the best spooning axe. Thats unless you want to make a spoon from the heartwood of a log...

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Well my fave axe for spoons is the gransfors carving axe which was designed for the job by the real spoon meister Wille Suqvist I have 8 of em for courses but I am always game for trying a nice new tool if it looks like one I will use.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Or buy a Cegga mini which is better still - ask Eric :)

This one is about a 500g head on a 40cm helve offering a 650g all in weight - sharp and controllable but deigned as a "pack axe" with a slimmer sharper profile than the equivalent GB or Wetterlings.

I think its a good all around "portable" axe - although not designed for carving, it would do a much better job than, say, a Small Forest.

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have one of the first run. t took a while to reprofile it to an edge I liked (sorted in subsequent runs), but once that was done, I believe it has become my favourite axe, expecially for carving.

It's the right size for me and the fat handle means it's a lot less tiring to work with. I even prefer carving with it to the carving axe.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
my tarp problem has now been solved for an unmissable cash price, and i find myself on the horns of a dilemma. i love this axe, but i've got my dream knife being made as we speak, and it is heavy duty enough to do what i need. this then makes my cegga a potential drawer queen, as i got a b&q axe, which after an afternoon of filing gave me a broader profile that is much better suited for splitting logs.
i think it deserves to be used, so i'm offering it for swap for anything you might think is suitable. PM offers, (sharps are good)but i might just keep it if nothing takes my fancy
stu m has made a great offer, but i know zip about handling a knife and wouldn't want to ruin it

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Well my fave axe for spoons is the gransfors carving axe which was designed for the job by the real spoon meister Wille Suqvist I have 8 of em for courses but I am always game for trying a nice new tool if it looks like one I will use.

Sounds interesting, do you have a photo of it you could show me....I am currently whittling an olive spoon right now..Old blanket over the living room floor, trying out a newish knife, tangerine dream playing on the stereo....Bliss....:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE