Castle Howard wood festival this weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Oooh! Thanks for the heads up on that! My grandparents used to take us there as kids. [and harewood house, and bramham park]

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Would've loved to but have other engagements - it's a good day tho' been before. If they do the minibeast hunt it's great for kids and the expert they had was a very eccentric and enthusiastic guy.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Thoroughly enjoyed the lumberjack demo and falconry, swmbo wasn't impressed with my purchase of a Hans Karlsson spoon knife though :confused:

It's still on tomorrow and would definitely recommend it.

puneqehu.jpg

beme6u7y.jpg

y2ezy4ev.jpg

e5a4epud.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Loving the tables - wish we could make it :(

The chap was busy with his gouge when we arrived, all carved by chainsaw then hand tools, top notch finish. He'd collected all the timber himself, and each one had it's own little story.

Is held every year, and we'll worth the trip. As a bonus there's a campsite on the doorstep.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Nice pictures......see the guy in the green hat and the lass stood next to him??

That's me and the wife!:lmao:still it's not like we walk round with lighted arrows above our heads saying "BCUK member"

The carved animals were good, we want a bear to sit by the door! and the chairs made from whiskey barrels looked very comfortable!

The lumberjack display was good, here are some of my efforts

DSC_9672copy_zps020e1297.jpg

DSC_9680copy_zpsba30809b.jpg

DSC_9732copy_zps7d2458ab.jpg

DSC_9738copy_zpsa2fdd1a3.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE