Casstrom Lars Falt Folder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
That was my thought, I hope it's maybe something different and not just a folding version of his current casstrom

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Yes, sadly I think you might be wrong.
Some are made in Spain. By a company called Cuchilleria Joker.

As a rule, if it says " Company Name, Country' it implies the company is in Country, but can be made elsewhere.
If it says "Made in Country X " it has to be made in country X.

So, does it say "Casstrom Sweden" , or" Casstrom Made in Sweden"?

Fallkniven, another reputable Swedish company, are made in Japan I believe.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Yes, sadly I think you might be wrong.
Some are made in Spain. By a company called Cuchilleria Joker.

As a rule, if it says " Company Name, Country' it implies the company is in Country, but can be made elsewhere.
If it says "Made in Country X " it has to be made in country X.

So, does it say "Casstrom Sweden" , or" Casstrom Made in Sweden"?

Fallkniven, another reputable Swedish company, are made in Japan I believe.

There you are: I was horribly wrong. Mind you, I haven't seen the Casstrom blades up close, so I cannot say with any certainty whether it has 'Casstrom, Sweden' on it or 'Casstrom, made in Sweden'. I'm interested in their Falt Folder, so I'll have to wait until I get my hands on one before we'll be able to find out categorically!

As for Fallkniven, I recently bought one of their little U.K.-legal folders - the LTC - and on one side of the blade it says "3G Steel", the other side has "Fab Sweden" on it. So, I assume that its country of manufacture is Sweden. Maybe some of their more popular models are made in the far east? Mind you, having your cutting tools made in Japan isn't so very bad: their steel technologies are, arguably, much more advanced than Europe's and they're pretty good and precision engineering, too.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I know how you feel, I am terribly wrong from time to time too...
:)

Heck no, being made in a country like Japan known for its quality is not bad!
Japan steel? Up there with the best!
3G is a Japanese powder steel.
Fällkniven ABs fixed blade knives are made by Hattori and their folders by another Japanese company. In Seki.
If you look closer on the blade of your LTC, the writing is in fact “ F. AB Sweden”
Which stands for ”Fällkniven AB Sweden” and not ”Fabricated Sweden”

There are only a very few companies making knifes in Sweden, I know of three, and Casström is not one of them.

Last edited:

Ettrick reiver

Jan 7, 2017
Scotland
Casstrom are made in Spain using either Boehler 720 carbon or Sandvik 12c27 stainless and quality checked in Sweden. This info came directly from David Cassini Backstrom who owns the company. I own two Casstroms both Forest knives one no.10 the other a no.14 both Scandi grinds and they have proven to be excellent quality tools.

Reactions: Erbswurst and Janne

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
For you who desire a Casström knife but think they are a tad too expensive, they sometimes have a ’second quality’ for sale.
Second quality is usually a visual defect on the handle or another totally insignificant fault.
Great savings!

( I do not have any affiliation to the company)

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I have the casstrom forest knife and there small carving knife . Both are excellent, will be interesting to see what they come up with for a folder

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE