Car boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
I find car boots brilliant places to look for kit. Last week I found a billhook for £1, today a brand new DPM gortex jacket for £5 and seven new hexy cookers with blocks for £2.
Anyone else find any cracking deals at car boots?
Cheers
Den :p

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
den said:
I find car boots brilliant places to look for kit. Last week I found a billhook for £1, today a brand new DPM gortex jacket for £5 and seven new hexy cookers with blocks for £2.
Anyone else find any cracking deals at car boots?
Cheers
Den :p

Ah you lucky lucky...

I shall have to get out there and see if I can find some good 'cheap as chips' deals. :wink: :eek:):

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
I too have had some right `bobby dazzlers` :roll:

You have to get there early though as the `army surplus shop` guys also find it a great place to pick up stock :nono:

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
I got a goretex bivi bag, full medical backpack and side pouch, ripcurl windproof jacket, 35L ortlieb drysack, and custom arctic survival kit for £11!

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Raz said:
I got a goretex bivi bag, full medical backpack and side pouch, ripcurl windproof jacket, 35L ortlieb drysack, and custom arctic survival kit for £11!
:shock:

Well done!!! :super:

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Nice one Raz, I used the same trick with my then misses - suckers for a pretty face :eek:):

They must of thought though, what on earth would a nice girl want with:

Berghaus Roc rucksack
Berghaus Sidepouches
3 Nato Water Bottles
Gas Mask bag
Strobe Light
Black Climbing rope
3D Cell Maglight
Saber Light Torch
Petzl Zoom
Poncho
Hexi Stoves...

..not all from the same boot sale I hasten to add !

Boot Sales :You_Rock_

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
I've found some stuff in my car boot - God knows how long some of its been there!!!

Oh - you mean shopping! Sorry!! Yes, I have indeed bought a wide range of kit from Car Boot sales. Mostly I've bought what the missus so politely refers to as "green s**t" - DPM combats etc. Ever now and then a bargain comes along, a nice shiney MSR stove for £3. A 4D cell Maglite, £5. PLCE Bergen, £10. etc

The other place I find useful is Diamond Free Ads (Loot, Ad Trader or the appropriate regional equivelent) - muchly cheapy bargains in them for sure!!!

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Picked up a Coleman 533 DuelFuel stove today in absolutly stunning condition.

Its only been used once - and for about 5mins by the look of it :)

Oh, it was £5.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Tetsworth Car boot sale in Oxfordshire is an excellent place for bargains. Single Mozzie net £1 perfect condition, Deep sea fishing rod £2.50 Genuine nato water bottles with cups (used) but good condition £1. Theres always a lot of tools for sale too and some interesting older items. I also got a set of brand new RAF issue waterproofs for £5.

Car booters are brill !! :super:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
karrimor jaguar rucksack in pretty good condition, which i'm well chuffed about cos i've been after one since my old one died, and an ortlieb 10l water carrier for 20 quid. Which leaves me with a spare, used and abused and not particularly well loved issue bergen, see the classified's if you're interested!!!!

ok, sorry people, never tried posting in the classifieds before so didn't realise i had to be a subscribed member!! will post about the bergen as soon as i get round to subscribing.

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE