Cannot Access Site

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
ditto. probably better for everyone else in my case :O server problems perhaps? i think i better cobble some money together to donate some money to the running of things.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Been dead slow for me and some of the posts come up blank.
Wasn't sure what to do with myself last night so I went to the woods...glad it seems sorted so I dont have to get off the sofa.
Dave

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Is that something to do with throwing a small, lightweight, white plastic ball at Tonys' head?
:lmao:

'Ping' is like sending a series of sonar pulses off in the direction of the server and seeing if there is a response at a very low level. If you can get to the command line you can type:

ping bushcraftuk.com

In respone you should get:

Pinging bushcraftuk.com [195.74.52.107] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.74.52.107: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=55
Reply from 195.74.52.107: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=55
Reply from 195.74.52.107: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=55
Reply from 195.74.52.107: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 195.74.52.107:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 14ms, Maximum = 17ms, Average = 15ms

That shows that the server is there in the sense that the machine is running but the web server that delivers the web content to Internet Explorer or Firefox etc was probably down.

Clear as mud now?
Cheers,
Steve

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,
In a piece of pertinant irony I clicked the quick link to this thread and got the "page not found error" message :D.

Is there a problem with the site ?

Andy

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Haven't been able to access the site for ages, or at least certainly not able to log on but
all seems to be fixed so I'm going to take a wander and see what I've missed :)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Got on earlier today and then counldn't access the place until a couple of minutes ago. Very anoyying as i was trying to reply to a PM. It's very hit and miss at the moment getting on here. :(

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry about that guys and girls, it was a mixture of a couple of things, one of which was Data Centre issues and the other was DDoS attacks that happen now and then, a right pain indeed. It's being looked into so that it doesn't happen again and my apologies for the inconvenience.

i think i better cobble some money together to donate some money to the running of things.

Good man :D

I like the idea of pelting Tony with little lightweight plastic balls better! :D

Could be interesting :D We can schedule it for the Moot next year ;)

Thanks All ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE