Can I waterproof my boots with this?...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Hi all,

Got some meindl high liability boots for general shooting/walking etc but they're the suede versions....

Question I can I waterproof them with the nikwax wax cotton proof spray? It's all I have knocking around at the minute...

6fed47a436044d3a383c6b0bd7bb78d1.jpg

Cheers guys....

Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You'll never waterproof those boots, whatever you do with them, and anyway it surely defeats the whole object of a desert boot? I wear my Meindel ones in fairly wet conditions and they hold up quite well and aren't at all bad even when they do get a little damp. For really wet and cold conditions these are just the wrong boots.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
I don't want them to be watertight as such... Maybe a bad use of words. Simply want to make them splash proof...I'm wondering if the spray is ok on the material?

I've got leather combat boots or my aigle's for proper wet stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've found mine to be very splashproof in use; I often wear them for a couple of hours in the rain and mostly my feet stay dry even when the boots are wet. If I were you I'd not use anything other than proper suede dressing stuff on them :)

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Yup, Sealskins are the solution for keeping feet dry, any suede treatment will help repel water but it will get through sooner or later.
FWIW I wash my sealskins in the machine even thoigh the instructions say not to, and they are just fine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE