Campervan in the woods.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
I asked a while ago (but possibly in the wrong place) about camping, in the woods, but with a campervan. Kids love it (based on many, many happy trips to Tackeroo at Cannock Chase) my wife loves it, and so do I. Would love to camp in a large enough tent but basically my wife isn't quite as "durable" as she could be and cold or poor sleeping really aggravates her condition. We would want to set up at least one hammock under a huge tarp (well, DD 4x3) and possibly a canvas bell tent as well. Seem to be a reasonable number of sites that allow it, along with fire pits/barbeques (to do the cooking/hang the cauldron over) but not the campervan as well. At least, not within a few hours of Matlock/North Derbyshire.
Anyone have any ideas of where such a place exists? We don't need any facilities at all for short stays (3 nights) and only water/somewhere to empty the loo for longer stays.
Heck, if you have some woods with a track that you want to make a few quid from that you don't mind a 3 and 5 year old exploring with their parents let me know!
Thanks for reading even if you don't know of anywhere (and if you think it's in the wrong forum, tell me that too)
Chris.
(We are the problematic tall camper on the left, a 31 year old bit of German robustness)
f87f058ac52d818944336e7a471add35.jpg
29103acc94f91402d551af6826fc8166.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE