BushMoot Projects.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Every time I have been to the Bushmoot I have taken a project with me to do. Something to keep my hands active in between other things while relaxing in the woods. I'm someone that finds it difficult to sit and do nothing.

This year I'm making a variation on a sailors ditty bag so a bit of leather, canvas and rope work.

Just wondering if anyone else will have any projects on the go this year?

Reactions: zornt

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Not got much planned for this year at all, just got a couple of axe masks to make and have an old set of bellows to repair for my parents. I've got another project I've been thinking about for a couple of years but I don't want to say what it is or I will have to do it and I don't want to commit.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I made a pair of bellows a few years ago, I'll have them with me if you want a look for reference.

I've almost finished making the components for the Ditty Bag now. Getting the fiddly bits out of the way so I can just sit and stitch around the camp fire when I'm there.

Interesting project. Completely over engineered really but that was often the nature of such things. A sailor would show off his skills and pass some time making one of their few visible possessions.

This is a new take on the idea, inspired by, but not quite the same as, one I spotted online: http://swainlegacy.com/product/ditty-bag

EditedSWN-2011-08-25_umum_017.jpg

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hmmm - not much time for projects...
I am going to be busy throwing axes and shovels, shooting arrows and mints down range, building my usual gadgets,running and attending workshops, working hard on traders day, visiting old friends and new and seeing how the grass and leaves grow...
I might even find time to visit the naughty corner and/or sleep :)
All packed up (except for fresh foods) and raring to go :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I always find myself with spare time to do something else in between all that stuff.

Just like to keep busy I guess.

I think I have made something every time I've been at the moot. Last time it was a Viking shield. The time before it was a pair of turnshoes. Can't remember the previous things at the moment but I'm never idle.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I think I have made something every time I've been at the moot. Last time it was a Viking shield. The time before it was a pair of turnshoes. Can't remember the previous things at the moment but I'm never idle.

You ever finish that net you were doing when I first met you 10 years ago? :)

I recollect seeing out a few times with a couple rows completed but never saw the finishe article

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A very nice job indeed - and it was good to see the artist working on it at the Moot as well....
Too skillful in too many fields!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE