Bushmoot paragliding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huffhuff

Forager
Sep 20, 2010
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
I did exactly what you did. I started with a pap motor and reflex wing. Nearly killed myself - so I'm speaking from experience. £1000 worth of damage and a good few scars to match. So, I then sat back and reflected a bit. If your motor cuts out, you are free flying, paragliding. You need to know what you are doing. Paramotoring has no governing body (unlike paragliding - stupid I know) - you can literally do as you have done, buy the kit on ebay and take a run in a field and go flying. But, do you really want to be at 2000ft when you get an asymmetric collapse and not know what to do? Or stumble across a cunim that sucks you up and up - and not know how to descend? Or even stray into airspace and who knows what?!?

Obviously, many people have done this on their own back and been absolutely fine. In fact, some of the worlds finish paramotor pilots did exactly that. But it doesn't always go to plan. Many people have died. The fact it it unregulated, also means 'instructors' pop up out of know where. These have also been responsible for many deaths and or broken backs/bones/lives!

By all means give me a call :) I can point you in the right direction... even if it is straight into the motor side, I can recommend some very good people.

Ta very muchly and good luck and safe flying,

Ben

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I did exactly what you did. I started with a pap motor and reflex wing. Nearly killed myself - so I'm speaking from experience. £1000 worth of damage and a good few scars to match. So, I then sat back and reflected a bit. If your motor cuts out, you are free flying, paragliding. You need to know what you are doing. Paramotoring has no governing body (unlike paragliding - stupid I know) - you can literally do as you have done, buy the kit on ebay and take a run in a field and go flying. But, do you really want to be at 2000ft when you get an asymmetric collapse and not know what to do? Or stumble across a cunim that sucks you up and up - and not know how to descend? Or even stray into airspace and who knows what?!?

yes exactly, hence why I'm asking if anyone coming down for the week or resides near by who knows how to fly these things and would be willing to give me the benefit of their experience

(N.B. not bought off ebay, but found in a distant land)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE