BushMoot 2017 Thank you

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Just a short note to Tony and all the support staff, the Mods and and the folk who gave their time and a WHOLE pile of their effort running demo's and more.
THANK YOU ( yes I know that's shouting)
Thank you, and Thank you again.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, that too.

My Dad too...he had a fantastic time and says to tell you how happy he was. He has been busy telling his friends abouut his adventures.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Not enough thanks on here, though frankly I've still not yet finished unloading and storing my gear.

Many thanks to Tony, Shelly and the Mods for an excellent week. Thanks too for the others that contributed time to running courses!

I love visiting the site, it's one of the reasons I keep coming back. If there's a similar site based in Essex/Suffolk/Norfolk or event Kent/Sussex I won't complain about the lack of commute though!

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Thank you to everyone who's effort makes the Moot what it is. Thank you also for all the best wishes for our engagement. This Moot will be a wonderful memory for Maggie and myself.

Last edited:

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
It was a bit of a weird one for us with some notable absences this year (you know who you are, don't let it happen again :cussing:). Despite that we had an awesome time, made some new friends and although I didn't get up to much outside the camp Anne definitely did and she was really touched to receive the Drew knife and is already planning next years kids craft activities.
Thank you all for a great Moot

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
Yeah, definitely post 6. All the best for the future
I REALLY didn't want to leave what has been, to date, the best experience of the year. Thoroughly enjoyed both the workshops and the chilling in a hammock. Lots of fascinating people and riveting conversations.
Needless to say, next year attendee. Will be looking to attend local weekends throughout the rest of year as time allows.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Really great Moot. Definitely made new friends and shackled old ones closer.

Weather was somewhat kinder this year I thought and the wood burner in the tent in August took care of when it wasn't! "Its Wales!"

Too many highlights to list. See you next year you lovely lot.

Thanks to Tony, Shelly (And her awesome chainsaw skills) and the mods for making everything run so well.

I have two notes to myself:
One is to help create a "Bushmoot Songbook" as so many times we only all know a chorus when we are singing around the campfire.
Two is to ask what workshops people would like to see in 2018.

Jul 22, 2014
East Sussex
Big thanks from us too. Really great mods, workshops, atmosphere, all the people are so lovely. Will bring a pup tent for the moving sleepovers next year! Youngest actually had a broken collarbone....do not underestimate the willpower of small girls to remain at the moot. Look forward to perhaps a Moot's Got Talent next year???

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks all for coming and apology for taking so long to jump in here, been getting over a bug and I fell off a pile of blocks and used it as an excuse for taking it easy :D

Fab Moot, you guys and Girls are amazing and I'm looking forward to 2018.

We're also going to do some mini Moots, long weekend easy going Moots like we used to, so keep your eyes peeled, I think the first one's likely to be in Feb so a bit more of :hatscarf: and :campfire: :camping:

Thanks to everyone that helped out, ran workshops and was generally just happy and fun to be around....So that's all of you :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
They'll be smaller more easy going Moots, make sure we have facilities, plenty of firewood and we can do what we want. We're thinking of theming some of them, so having a cooking focus or a carving focus sort of thing. The idea would be that we still skill share and help each other out while having a great time. I'm thinking of Merthyr Mawr for Feb, I could get it for a weekend or even a week if people want to stay there, have a holiday etc. I'd imagine that we'll have less wives, mine won't come in Feb, well, that's what she's saying anyway :D

We're also on the lookout for other sites to accommodate a smaller MiniMoot gathering, so if anyone knows of anywhere let us know. Different locations around Britain, but keep in mind that we need people to come to them so we need places that are practical and have at least toilets and places we can have fires. Obviously Wales is covered (although we could look at NE wales)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
If you ask Nigel from Riffhams, he may let you block book the site for a week. It's usually scout only but I've heard of other groups using it for training etc. It's a lovely site, especially in the colder months (mid late october) as it has a lot of sweet chestnut on site. Not too far from Papermill Lock for kayaking and shares a boundary with a national trust wood. Has an SSSI in the middle of it, plenty of fire slabs and very basic toilet and shower facilities akin to our usual digs.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Maggie and I would definitely be up for a Feburary meet, even a week. A cooking MiniMoot at Merthyr Mawr sounds great fun. I'm sure we could find a big warm tent for evening 'not so chill out' :hatscarf:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE