Bushmoot 2015 - a big thanks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
First off - a great big thanks (again) to all who helped me deal with a potentially serious tyre problem on Wednesday morning as I was looking to leave; I would have been in a much worse position without all you aid.

Thanks to Tony and the Mods for organising the whole thing and keeping things running smoothly - you do a great job.

Thanks to all who remembered me from the times I've been before and made me feel like I'd never been away!

Thanks to the naughty corner for their hospitality on Saturday evening - three kings from Orient-Arrrrr...!

Thanks to John Fenna - he got the book, I got the wine... done deal!

Special thanks to Craig Allen and his family for their hospitality on several nights during my stay - and for some very drinkable beer!

But most of all; thanks to the kids (and the kidults) who made the storytelling sessions I did so worthwile - I've never told so many stories before in such a compressed space of time - and it was worth every second. You lot Rock!

And finally, special thanks to Wayne and Mark for their help on Monday, and for taking the time to check that I was OK for the remainder of my stay.

and to everyone else - thanks for being there; and making me want to do it all over again next year.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
definitely a pleasure John and glad to help
The moot isn't and wouldn't be the same without you
Roll on next year when we can catch up again.

Take care

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
A big thanks from myself and Ali:thankyou:

You made us very welcome on our first bushmoot. We had a great time and are sure to be back next year.

Cheers again
Greg

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Hi everyone,

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd tag on to this one, as the title says it all.

A huge thank you to all of the following.

Tony, Shelley and all the Mods for organising and running everything. it all seemed pretty smooth from my point of view.

All involved in cooking the American breakfast, the pancakes were lovely.

Anyone that ran, or assisted on, the workshops. I really appreciated all the time that you give to share your knowledge with others.

People running the bring and buy. It let me leave the moot with a profit, pick up some new toys, and while quite a lot of time away haing another quick rummage!

All the other Mooters that made the event a wonderful, entertaining and friendly place to be.

Now I think of it, that must be thanks to everyone!

Hoping to see you all next year.

John

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Thought I my as well tag on this thread too................ what another absolutely awesome Moot. Thanks to Tony and Shelly and all the Mods and all those running workshops, it was great. the kids also loved it especially story telling, so thanks Womble. Were all still singing 'we are the Bush Moot............ the mighty, mighty bush moot' Luckily you taught my children the words as it made the 5 hour journey home a lot more entertaining and now I know the words very, very well too :0)

What a great, friendly, entertaining, relaxed family atmosphere.

It was also great to see such a wide age range of kids all playing so nicely together, this seems rare these days.

Cant wait till the next one.

Best Wishes to all and I hope everyone had a safe journey home.

Salt

Sep 5, 2014
Pembrokeshire,Wales
I would also like to add my appreciation to Tony and the MODS. Shelly you were fabulous! A Totally amazing Moot!
Once again it was an outstanding adventure, meeting new and old friends, learning new skills and refreshing older ones.
A huge THANKS to all who volunteered to run and support the workshops, to those who willingly shared their advice and knowledge to us less knowledgable Bushmooters.
Respect and gratitude to all who had the time and patience with the younger generation, they can be challenging at times!

THANK YOU. See you all next year for another amazing adventure,
Kasey

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yep lets all add to this thread thanks to tony shelley and the mods and all who did work shops even though was in dartmoor for those days, always feel like you've never been away when i go to the moot thats how friendly it is it was nice to see old friends and the new faces as well. I'm already looking forward to the next one pics to follow

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I'll add my thanks here too. Tony and Shelley, it was an absolute stunner of a moot, despite the weather, thanks for all your hard work. Thanks to the kitchen staff, who made the evening meal and American breakfast a success. To the mods who made things run so smoothly, thanks. And finally to everyone who took the time to run workshops, and organize the NC, thank you.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I'd like to add my thanks to Tony, Shelley and all the people that worked behind the scenes to make it a super Moot. Thank you to all those who were kind and generous both in spirit and in practical ways. Thank you to everyone for building a community from sand, trees and the Welsh elements. And thank you to those who helped tidy up at the end, particularly sieving, raking the sand and dealing with the cans, bottles etc. at the NC. I now need a holiday to recover from the Moot! :lmao:

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
In addition to the usual suspects of Mods and Characters of note, I would also like to thank Dave for inspiring a legion of Slingers to chuck socks at each other, Anita for all her work on the kiln, the multitudinous horde of children for having so much fun and the youths and young adults for keeping them safe(ish).

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Thank you one and all... Utterly memorable for all the right reasons.. ⛺️

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Just to add my thanks to everyone, it was only a flying visit from myself and the boys but I certainly enjoyed myself (except for Friday, but that was self inflicted)

Tremendous thanks to Tony and Shelly for getting it organised, Chef for all that tireless cooking and emptying my pockets and all the instructors who work so hard to make the moot experience.

Next year assuming we stay on the same site I'll be there with my son and wife in the big bell within stumbling distance of the naughty corner.

Aug 6, 2015
middle of england
I would also like to thank Dave for inspiring a legion of Slingers to chuck socks at each other,

lol nah, sock balls were my idea :)

I'd also like to add my thanks to the organisers of the Bushmoot. I May only have been there for a few days - but had a great time.
And would recommend it to anyone - particularly if they have kids.

Was just fantastic to see so many doing all the things kids used to do, before minecraft got them brainwashed :)

Got a bunch of ideas for next year and hope to stay longer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE