bushcraft swindon??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2011
highworth, swindon
hey all ive decided i want to learn/practice bushcraft not sure of where i can do this in the swindon area. anyone know of any woods that can be used for this?
are there any groups/like minded people in swindon that meet up to do bushcraft, survival, camping, drinking beer round a fire etc that meet up?
chris

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

There's a 'Group' for South Oxfordshire which might be of interest to you, maybe you can kick some life into them. :)

Look near the top of almost any BCUK page, you'll see 'Community'. That will lead you to the Groups. I found it quite hard to find at first.

scott taylor

Mar 20, 2012
Swindon, Wiltshire
I can get out on the 8th. Found a nice little place not far from Croft, only issue is its quite close to the M4 but I was there today and its not too bad-noise wise.
As I walked in today I was joined by Deer and Buzzards, got a wicked video of a deer 10m from me. Happy to meet up and plan something.

Scotty

Last edited:

FCDisaster

Apr 11, 2012
Chepstow, Monmouthshire
Hi there,

Very new to both bushcraft and Swindon. I did a few evenings in the New Forest when I lived down in Dorset but haven't done much for over a year. Looking to get out again and pick up some skills & knowledge. Will keep checking these threads but also feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE