bushcraft groups in essex

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
There are occasional meets which have been organised by John Scrivy though not for a while. I missed the last one but hope to get to the next!
Where 'bouts in Essex are you?

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I, unfortunately live just outside Braintree, though it's not too bad (honestly!)
As I work all across London, I feel quite lucky that I can get into the greenstuff with a 5 minute walk though not for any 'crafting!
I am trying to negotiate with a landowner I knew years ago for access to his woods, may not come to anything but no harm in trying!

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
I'm not from round that way myself but I know that John Scrivy, Pablo and Paganwolf were trying to sort out an Essex meet out a while back - might be worth getting in touch with them

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
Also, if anyone is in the area this weekend there's a basic bushcraft course at Hadleigh castle, just do a quick google and it will come up.

I don't know if there's any places left, but it looks pretty good

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
it was a wjile ago now, search for " hadleigh castle bushcraft " in google and it comes up, i think it was the weekend of the 5 and 6th of july

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Keep an eye on places like the Essex Wildlife Trust website.

I saw a list of events (sure it was there!) that listed bushcraft courses at a number of places around Essex through out the year.

If I come across anything again, I'll post up.

Andy

Dec 16, 2007
I know the owner of a large wood near Billericay it is total private land and half of it is used for the Skirmish essex paintball and airsoft site. the other half is not used for anything. Was thinking of asking to use it for training for my ACF detachment aswell. If enough people are up for it I can approach him and ask, he may want a small fee for the use as on the site he does have running water and toilets (if thats what you want) plus total CCTV for the site and carpark so cars left will be secure. PM me or reply here.

Swampy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE