Bushcraft Dogs...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Drongo

Aug 19, 2008
Lisburn
Loads of us have one...

Tell us your story...

This is Mine, he's called Milo...

DSC_0097.JPG

Though, I think he is getting too big for his boots recently...!!

I caught him with my good knife today...

Making this for his kennel...

DSC00060.JPG

After a good telling off for not finishing it before I got home from work and the crappy phone pictures, he said sorry and promised he'll take a few photos of the finished product when it's done to share...

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
your dog is walking on water, was he jesus's best friend :lmao:

my dog likes scissors and and hats oh and my sleeping bag once i have heated it up :aargh4:

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Our tribe, not so good for bushcraft most of them.
1, solo, my canoe and camping buddy schutshund trained and solid as a rock my close protection floatation dog.
2, hobby, super wimp but the puppys best pal and protection dog.
3, nero 55kgs of gsd attitude but runs to me when he hurts himself when out.
4, galen my wifes boy so wants nothing to do with me until mums away.
5, gaia my little girl who had dental surgery today and is zonked out on morphine so ill get no sleep tonight.
Soloman.

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
jewel.jpg

this was my bushcraft dog her name was jewel. her mother was a rottweiler and her dad was a black lab/great dane mix. she loved her dirt time/bush time. this picture was taken in northern new england at my families camp. We lost her 4 years ago.

blodyntatws

Jan 9, 2009
North Wales
Not really sure that they are bushcraft dogs, but they do enjoy digging huge holes in my garden.
1 Huskamute Mimz very big very daft and very soft
another huskamute Tikki who is more controlled, more grumpy and smaller
and a Northern Innuit dog Spirit, who I bought when my beloved dog, Cheyenne got killed. She is small, very wolf like and very funny.

fredohyeah

Sep 13, 2007
newtownards
Not really sure that they are bushcraft dogs, but they do enjoy digging huge holes in my garden.
1 Huskamute Mimz very big very daft and very soft
another huskamute Tikki who is more controlled, more grumpy and smaller
and a Northern Innuit dog Spirit, who I bought when my beloved dog, Cheyenne got killed. She is small, very wolf like and very funny.

ohh any photos
i have an alaskan malamute about 20 months old and a big daftie.
and my daughters name? cheyenne

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
I have a young boxer and he comes out with me on my bimbles but he is a real wimp, shivers when he stops belting round like a looney.:red:
Always wants to jump into my hammock with me and cuddle up under the blanket with me, which I do allow far too often, but he is a good bed warmer.:p

I also wish I could drink the water he does without the ill effects I would get, would save loads of time decontaming the water.:rolleyes:

I will try and get some pictures up as I have loads of him in Bushcraft mode, in my hammock mainly and fast asleep too.:lmao: :lmao:

Oh, his name is Marvin, after one of the best boxers Marvelous Marvin Haggler).
No this is not opening a debate on who is the worlds greatest boxer of all time.:nono:

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I have a 12 week old Lurcher bitch.

Rottweiler/Greyhound mum. Lurcher type father (he crept in the kitchen window!)

I have absolutely no idea what she is going to look like when fully grown, except that she is already running rings around our younger Lab who is three! Her feet are enormous and her legs are very long!

She is really gentle, as I was concerned about the Rotty mix. She seems bold enough though. I will have to wait and see.

I hope she will not disappear when I am out in the woods resulting in endless whistling and yelling.

Swyn.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
jewel.jpg

this was my bushcraft dog her name was jewel. her mother was a rottweiler and her dad was a black lab/great dane mix. she loved her dirt time/bush time. this picture was taken in northern new england at my families camp. We lost her 4 years ago.

In the picture she looks a lot like a Doberman Pinscher.

D

dboles

My pup is a good bush dog coming along fine.She is a Siberian Husky.
Heres a few of her in action
Hiking in the Alpine Selkirk Mountains
P8230050.jpg

Taking a break on the trapline
traplineFeb007.jpg

The proper canoe seating arrangement
IMG_0006.jpg

Thanks
Dan'l

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
rebel, similar to a dobie but blockier she had a had pretty much like a lab but larger with the rotti coloring, she was about 3/4 of a meter at the shoulders and was over 6 feet tall when she stood on her hind legs, she weighed in around 60 kg at her ideal weight. What a great dog she loved the outdoors, I have been looking for a new companion but have yet to find the right one.

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
My last hound was a Afgan x Scottish Deerhound. Great on jack rabitts and no slouch on Coyotes if given fair/unfair law :lmao: Don't know if you could class him as "bushie" but he sure was stealthy.
Jon R.

dangerpie

Dec 5, 2008
Thame, Oxfordshire
Why do humans and dogs get on sooo well? I've heard of the various ideas of why humans and dogs started to live in conjunction with eachother, but I just can't think of another animal pairing that get on so well! Humans love dogs and dogs love humans. Are there any other species that are like this?

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Why do humans and dogs get on sooo well? I've heard of the various ideas of why humans and dogs started to live in conjunction with eachother, but I just can't think of another animal pairing that get on so well! Humans love dogs and dogs love humans. Are there any other species that are like this?

because dogs are smart enough to realise that it is easier to control us than having to hunt and forage on their own lol.

What about horses? i have saw a few horses act as if they are being ordered around like a dog, and i was lucky enough to to ride a horse that realised that i was a ovice and corrected alot of my mistakes, well until he saw the home barn and decided that a gallop was much more fun than trotting :lmao:

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
They don’t really look like bush craft dogs I know but they love being out, they love a fire even more and are good companions and are well behaved so I don’t want anything else really.

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
I lived on a farm for 6 months years ago, they had two westies (the white fluffy things), used to walk for hours with them. Always seemed pretty tame till we used them for beating, then turned into their true rolls! Awesome little dogs. Not scared of anything. Wouldn't be my first choice of bushcraft dog, but useful little hounds!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE