Bushcraft 5" or Bushlore ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Maxsdad

Feb 22, 2015
Morpeth
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone had any practical experience of the above ? I am looking to upgrade slightly from my Mora clipper i have had since 2005 which whilst it has served me well is hankered after by my 8 year old . I appreciate the Bushlore is a popular knife although opinion appears divided on the edge quality but what about the former ? The Condor Bushcraft 5" has a certain rustic appeal but equally there has been some questions raised about how comfortable the handle is . Both are around the same price so any advice ?
Steve

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've tried them both and didn't think either was as good as the Mora's I've owned

too thick, poor grind set to the wrong angle

The Kephart was a much nicer model to use though

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I'd also note The Condor Bushcraft was their first line and it shows with the blocky handle

I havn't realy wander from mora for a while but might the Condor Sapien wasn't bad and some of their newer models seem better
I wouldn't mind giving a Norse Dragon or Indigenous Puukko a run out

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
That saurus looks good, the only problem might be handle material. PP tends not to be a good choice for high impact objects unless reinforced, might be slightly slippery too.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Oh - apologies I stand corrected.. They've missed a trick there surelyl?!
I had meant to add to my previous comment--I love the hultafors OK4!

It's not its 1095 steel check their website

they used to use 1075 in the early days

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I like 1075 for a fixed blade. I have two. Neither have rolled and definitely not dinged. Even though it is usually kept to a lower hardness, it doesn't blunt as quickly as you might imagine and strops up super easily on your jeans. I bet that a Kephart in 2.5mm 1075 would be a lovely knife to use.

For a folder it is just great too ... seems to be the 'go to' for any number of really good French regional pieces

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE