Bucks/Oxon anybody?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
I was just wondering if there was anybody from the Buckinghamshire/Oxfordshire areas. I live near Buckingham and it would be great to chat with local people and maybe head out for a bit of a camp one day.

I am lucky enough to have permission from the owners a small private woodland who let me camp there when ever I want, would be happy to take some local people with me next time I go. Would also be good to find other places too.

Cheers,

Mark

S1lver

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2013
Windsor
Hi Mark

Im in South Bucks and probably around the same point on the learning curve as you. Ping me a PM and perhaps we can discuss a meet up?

Cheers

Steve

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's great to see some local people on the forum hopefully we can have a bit of a get together at some point. If people are interested I can see if a group of us can go to the woodland and we can set a date for an overnighter? I'm sure the owner won't mind as long as there is no more than around 5 of us.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Great that's 2 of us then. So 3 spaces left at the moment until I can confirm how many the owner is happy to have there at the same time. First come first served basis if you want to come please reply here.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
I have just got off the blower to the owner and she is happy for a small group to go for an overnight camp. She doesn't want more than 5 of us at a time though so places are limited!

Steve I will count you in then so that's 3 of us now, only 2 spaces left!

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
I have come up with a possible date of Saturday 31st May. Hopefully this will give people enough notice to ensure they can make it? If anybody has any major problems and can't do that date let me know but I don't think I can do anything after that for quite a while due to work and family life.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
So just to confirm details so far:

Provisional date of Saturday 31st May overnight camp near High Wycombe.

Confirmed people coming so far:

Myself, Tank and Bowlin.

Only 2 other spaces left! Don't worry if you can't make it to this one though I am sure I can arrange another for some time in the future.

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
Just checked my diary the 31st May is good for me.

My buddy would also like to come along if that's Ok? (his username is MarkinLondon)

Is the site wooded? i.e. Is it tarps/ hammocks or tents?

Cheers
Steve

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
That's fine mate I will put him down as well then. The area is wooded (small fence to climb over to get in) with a small amount of open space. You would be better of with a hammock and tarp to be honest but there is probably a suitable place for a small tent if that's what you prefer. I will be taking my Basha and using a ground setup I think but will take a hammock as well just in case.

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
That's fine mate I will put him down as well then. The area is wooded (small fence to climb over to get in) with a small amount of open space. You would be better of with a hammock and tarp to be honest but there is probably a suitable place for a small tent if that's what you prefer. I will be taking my Basha and using a ground setup I think but will take a hammock as well just in case.

No worries, I'm a tarp and ground dweller myself, just didn't want to turn up and find no trees! :lmao:

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
No worries, I'm a tarp and ground dweller myself, just didn't want to turn up and find no trees! :lmao:

haha fair enough you might struggle with a hammock and no trees! The woodland is only small but it's completely privately owned with no footpaths or access to the public at all. I have only been there twice myself so hoping I will find somewhere for my basha as a ground setup but if not I will have my hammock.

S1lver

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2013
Windsor
This would have been good for me but Im at the bushcraft show the week before and couldnt get two weekend passes!

Keep me in mind for future meets.

Cheers

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE