Buckle-less Paracord Bracelet Tutorial (picture Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I have made loads of paracord bracelets and nearly always ware one. But I was amazed when I got the latest heinnie catalogue as for that they were selling these wilson tactical.​

4397.jpg

For £12.99!!!!

So I thought I would put this tutorial on how to tie your own with just 10 foot of Paracord. No Buckle needed.

Step 1 the button loop

Start off with ten foot of your favorite paracord make a loop dead centre.

bracelet01.jpg

and start to tie a Chinese button knot.

bracelet02.jpg

next put your hand through the loop and pass the live end around to opposite piece of the loop and up through the middle.

bracelet03.jpg

Pull through to form first button knot and what will be the button 'hole'

bracelet04.jpg

Like this.

bracelet05.jpg

Work the loop back so the the loop will fit around you index finger.

Step 2 Tie the button

bracelet06.jpg

Right we now start the second Chinese button not that will this time form the button.

bracelet07.jpg

As before the live end it loop around and up through the centre.

bracelet08.jpg

This time when you start to pull it tight stick your finger through the centre. then pass the live end back through the centre to form two loops.

bracelet09.jpg

Pull the knot tight.

bracelet10.jpg

Check for size and adjust if needed.

bracelet11.jpg

Pull through most of the loops to form a couple of smaller ears.

Step 3 Tie the Cobra Stich.

bracelet12.jpg

Start like above.

bracelet13.jpg

Then loop the line going over the top back over the top as above.

bracelet14.jpg

and keep on going back and forth, always keeping the top line on top and the bottom on the bottom until you get all the way back to the first 'button loop' knot.

Also notice how the first of the cobra stitch loose and pulled forward. This forms the waist the button loop fit in.

bracelet15.jpg

Finnaly trim off and fuse the ends, and wear.​

All from a single peice of cord and just a couple of knots.​

Enjoy
:bigok:

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Second pic has totally lost me I am afraid! How to you get from the first to the second one! I want to do this but the more I look at that pic the more cross-eyed I get!

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Sorry penvisser and littlebiglane

I was concerned about the number of pictures so cut some steps for people not on broadband

The Chinese button knot is actually quite simple when you get the hang of it. I will try and dig out a tutorial on that knot alone if not I will shoot one myself.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, very nice. I have a similar bracelet made from (hot pink! :D) 3mm climbers accessory cord (which I think is much better than paracord), but it's just a just a big turk's head. That approach makes getting the right length a bit harder, and I just have to slip it on and off. Very secure though...

The Chinese button knot is a great knot, but if I don't keep in practice, it always takes me ages to figure out how to tie it again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I meant to ask... How much cord in total have you got in there?

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Barnsley (in Gods Own County)
Excellent. Funnily enough I spent most of friday converting a 7m length of paracord into a cobra stitch band. It was the first time I had tried it and it took 3 hours for me to work the knots out (I'm not really wired up to do practical things) and then another 2 to finish the work. I've ended up with a 'bracelet' about 14" long which is double layered (king cobra knot).

I found it quite relaxing and rewarding.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
EDIT: Oh yeah, I meant to ask... How much cord in total have you got in there?

Note sure exactly but I would say about 9-10 feet. I know that I cut its a bit short so its a bit looser than I would normally make them but that makes it softer to wear. You can add more by doubling back (CAL's king cobra stitch) but I tend to find it to big when I am suited and booted or in business casual.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
yes it is.

see on the 4th picture how a single bit of cord loops? from that point you could use two different cords.

Vague description but I hope you understand what Im refering to.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I didn't check the second tutorial but the chinese button knot looks like an old fashioned lanyard knot - is it in fact the same? (nice tutorial by the way, I'll need to give it a whirl)

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Just did one of these too, great fun :) I did have trouble with that knot though, found a youtube video which makes it a bit clearer [video=youtube;faO3rY9G_Ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faO3rY9G_Ns&feature=related[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE