Brockers 14/15th Dec

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
As I am moving to Manchester soon I thought I 'd have one last camp at Brockers. Dates as above. So far it's me, Vandeen and Chambers. Yall are welcome.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sorry dude, im at work till 10th Jan now...:(

have a good time gents, hope you get some snow...;)

keep in touch Mark and all the best with the move...

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
sorry mate i wont be able to due to work if it had been the weekend or the week after i am on holiday and would have made it :(

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
As I am moving to Manchester soon I thought I 'd have one last camp at Brockers..

Hey Mark,

never mind mate, you'll be able to join in the gingangoolying at Middlewood then,

dont expect the wilds of Brockers tho,...you get showers and as much old furniture as you can burn at Middlewood.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Showers? I don't understand.

Ha ha,.

i,m comparing Brockers,

making a bed with spruce bows,a semi natural shelter, foraging the wild edibles, cutting and hauling the brich for the fire, the ground forging of blades, knocking up birch bark containers to bring water from the brook, prepping game shot in the woods,...etc etc

To Middlewood, which has a ,..erm,...different "vibe" to it,....

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
December!, I thought we were looking at Feb for some reason :-s I'll have to be out mate as I dont break up from work till the 16th

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
So far it's me and vandeen
And that's all that's turned up, camp set up, GSB teased with texted pictures first fire had, lunch cooked just sitting chilling listening to Merrygold85 telling me I look like an alien with my head torch on.Temp dropping but so is wind, big pile of wood so all good He says sorry for the short notice and midweek dates so more of you couldn't join us. He also says its not camping till you've drawn blood, guess who has lol

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
This thread has totally passed me by, I've only just seen it. If it'd been the weekend I would have been there. Can't believe you're moving too, who's gonna turn up in a top hat an tails now? I had my money on you coming in a velvet cloak with a diamond tipped cane and spats next time round. Guess it just wasn't meant to be. :(

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Up and about now, waiting for pot to boil to have a brew, snugly and warm last night even tho temps were around zero, Merrygold85 not quite so good in his hammok, especially because he forgot his self inflating mat, and his spoon!! But he didn't forget his spoon knife so all was welland he quickly knocked one up.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
I had my money on you coming in a velvet cloak with a diamond tipped cane and spats next time round. Guess it just wasn't meant to be. :(

Ha, sorry to disappoint. Velvet and diamonds, that's just impractical :)

any pics chaps?
mark, will try and make it on sun oop toon.

Cool Jamie, won't be a mad one or anything, just a few pints.

Here are my pics from the trip:

Elegantly pinpointing our position

IMGP2059.jpg

All of our gear

IMGP2060.jpg

IMGP2061.jpg

IMGP2063.jpg

IMGP2064.jpg

IMGP2065.jpg

IMGP2066.jpg

IMGP2067.jpg

Getting the fire going. I barely touched my thumb on the blade and I drew blood. A surprising amount really, considering how shallow it was.

IMGP2069.jpg

You may notice my little red thumb in this one

IMGP2070.jpg

I kept the food nice and simple.
Day 1 lunch - Sausages, rashers, white pud in buns.
Day 1 dinner - Stew comprising of beef, 1 carrot, 1 parsnip, 1 onion and some borrowed salt.
Day 2 brekkie - Rashers in bun, white pud.
Day 2 lunch - Sausages in bun

This is day 1 luch on the go. You can see Vandeen there faffing around with what I think is a temermental petrol stove while my food slowly makes itself edible.

IMGP2071.jpg

The petrol stove

IMGP2072.jpg

"I've got wood" - Unfortunately it was green. My fault.

IMGP2074.jpg

IMGP2075.jpg

Vandeen's Kitchen

IMGP2078.jpg

Mé féin

IMGP2079.jpg

Stew on the go - sort of

IMGP2081.jpg

No idea whats happening here

IMGP2083.jpg

Day 2 - brekkie. After the turmoil of getting the stew cooked I decided to use Vandeen's honeywell stove. At least I think it was a honeywell. Anyways it worked great for frying.

For lunch later I used my hexy stove but with wood for fuel rather than hexy tabs. Worked alright but needed constant attention. It didn't really seem to keep a bed of embers.

IMGP2084.jpg

That's all from my camera anyway. Vandeen should have some pics too.

Thanks Vandeen for coming out. I appreciate it. As I said to Claire "it was a physically demanding mental relaxation". I enjoyed being lazy and ending up tired and sore :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE