British Army Mk2 Arctic Sleeping Bag and 4 Man Arctic Shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 17, 2014
America
Hoping someone can help me with a couple of questions...

What is the correct/original equipment stuff sack for the British Army Mk2 Arctic Sleeping Bag.

Also, does anyone have any instructions for setting up the British Army 4 Man Arctic Shelter.

Many thanks from this side of the pond.

Cheers!
Harry

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Looks like you just peg out the corners after inserting the poles through the hoops...

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
With the tent poles make sure you wrap tape round the female part of the pole (hope that makes sense) as the poles easily shatter and the tape just gives them a help in strenghing them. Two ways peg it out then insert poles adjust pegs and Guy ropes or poles then peg. The tent is no good in the rain, so scotch guard it or fabsil

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
With the tent poles make sure you wrap tape round the female part of the pole (hope that makes sense) as the poles easily shatter and the tape just gives them a help in strenghing them. Two ways peg it out then insert poles adjust pegs and Guy ropes or poles then peg. The tent is no good in the rain, so scotch guard it or fabsil

You sound to have experience of these tents.
The seller is stating "Waterproof outer tent skin". Is that not true from your experience?

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
Used these tents for two seasons in Norway, poles splinter easy, and not very waterproof but great for snow.

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
They're not that stable in high wind, we always dug a massive trench / in the snow and then build the sides up, 1. As concealment 2. Fighting hole 3. Protect from wind and weather

Mulloch

Mar 24, 2019
UK
Have posted the following in another thread about the British Army Arctic tent. Trying again.

Looking for some help on how to erect this tent. Got one from Anchor. Lady on the phone was very helpful in explaining the poles were totally unreliable, but agreed to send me out enough to make one loop so that I knew what length to get. I bought 11mm fibre glass replacement pole sets to make up a complete set of three. I have placed the poles in the pockets at each side and clipped them to the various corresponding clips in line. It is a brand new tent and does not have sleeves as pictured here.https://bushcraftuk.com/community/i...c-valise-anyone-seen-one.133097/#post-1659014 There are various bits of cordage with with plastic end clips attached along the bottom edge of the walls. Do these then stretch across the floor and attach to the other wall at floor level? Most grateful for any help on the sequence of events in pegging in, guyropes etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE