bridgend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mancalleddave

Jul 4, 2011
Bridgend, Glamorgan
Hey Im dave
I happened to stumble upon this site and see that this bushmoot is down the sanddunes near me. Thats good news as i love wild camping and could do with learning a bit of bushcraft.
Can i just turn up?

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi dave yes you can turn up on the day i think its £30 a day if you put( bushmoot) into the search at the top right of this page it will take you to all the info regards dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello Dave and welcome to the forum.

The Dunes are scheduled sites, and the Rangers make a point of commenting in the Moot thread each year to make folks aware that camping on them, outside of the Merthyr Mawr estate, is not allowed.

We ask that no one advocates, encourages or demonstrates illegal activity on the forum.

cheers,
Toddy

Mancalleddave

Jul 4, 2011
Bridgend, Glamorgan
Crikey, i wouldnt camp on the dunes. I know merther mawr warren like the back of my hand though, the place is owned by the rabbits, there are trememdous numbers of them.

I think ill have to come alone to this event, id love to learn some of the things that are going to go on, seems to me bushcraft skills are forgotton life skills that everyone used to know before agriculture. I cant wait to learn some bushcraft now :)

I

Mancalleddave

Jul 4, 2011
Bridgend, Glamorgan
im actually a bit nervous about just turning up seeing as i only just joined the forum and i dont know anyone, are there many new people at the bushmoot? i was thinking of coming down for one day with the missis.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
im actually a bit nervous about just turning up seeing as i only just joined the forum and i dont know anyone, are there many new people at the bushmoot? i was thinking of coming down for one day with the missis.

As Sandbag says, turn up or you'll kick yourself for not doing so :)

There's always people at the moot who have never been before, you'll be welcomed :D

If you're coming for just the day make sure you arrive before 10:00am so you can be there for the morning briefing session which is when the last minute details and impromptu workshops for the day are sorted.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I went for the first time last year without knowing anyone and had a really good time. Come along, what have you got to lose?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I misse out on many Moots - for which I am eternally regretful - but since going on one will do just about anything (short of mortgaging the wife or selling a kidney ) to ensure I get there!
This year I have been turning down a shed load of work and spending money I do not yet have to be there ...
A "must" for all with a true interest in Bushcraft, good company, good fun and life in the great outdoors!

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
For the first time in years I'm not going to be able to make it to the Moot. This hopefully a temporary aberration and normality will return next year. This is a huge loss to me. I'll miss you all greatly. Please pass on my greetings to everyone.

Those who tasted my wines last year will therefore be spared a repeat experience (but watch out in 2012!). I'm working on improvements.

My hammock and tarpaulins have got the odd use.

I have been using hand drill and damp tinder technique to light fires at times in the last few weeks. (I hear the pictures have gone from previous threads. I'll see what I can do.)

Strangely I haven't found much call for atlatl in SE London this last few days!

You'll also be spared my concertina (but beware next time).

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Brilliant to hear from You Rich, I was going to email you this week to touch bases as I'd heard you couldn't make this year, I hope life's good. There will be a space that no one can fill without you mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE