Bow Making Courses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi.

I have unexpectedly got several places available for Bow Making Courses on 21 - 23 June and 28 - 30 June.

Due to a client getting their dates mixed up.

Therefore I am able to offer a late booking discount. 3 Days Bow Making fully catered £175.00 per person.

Usual cost £225.

Courses will be at our Amberley museum site and commence at 0930.

By the end of the course you will leave with a shooting Flat Bow and an arrow and string you have made yourself.

to book pm me on here

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thats a great course at a great price. Looked over some of the pictures and it looks great.
A self bow alone would cost more than that and you would also come away with the skill to make your own.

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I would absoulutely love to do this course and with the reduced price it would be a good time to do it but, alas the funds and the time are not available at the moment.

It great oppourtunity for somebody though!!!

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
I have just completed this course and come away with a sexy new flat bow and a lot of sore muscles.

I chose the hottest weekend of the year so far - lovely weather, but not ideal for hard manual labour. Having said that, it was all worth it. The experience of making the bow, learning the techniques, seeing it come together and ending up with a shooting bow was a huge pleasure - allbeit a sweaty one.

Wayne and his patient and knowledgable No 2 David guided me through. Taking me from an 8 inch ash log to the almost finished product (I still have some cosmetic work to do at home). Splitting, chopping, measuring, shaving, tillering and stringing, I even got to shoot it at the end - missing the target.:rolleyes: I also used tools, such as a draw knife, that I have never used before. It was an educational and pleasurable three days - the camp food was almost 'cordon bleu' too, which helped.

Thanks Wayne. Thanks David. I hope to see you both at the moot - or soon.

Paul

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
I so nearly booked this but was nervous at the thought of attending on my lonesome I would love to see the bow if you are gracing the next meet with your presence :)

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Thanks for the kind words Paul.

Here is a picture of the new bow.ending

Both limbs are the same length and are bending the same amount. Just looks odd from my iphone pic.

31578_10151684377192910_424463503_n.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE