Book Recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
Can anyone recommend general interest bushcraft books? I have Ray Mears - Essential Bushcraft which was quite good but I'd like something not by Uncle Ray. Anything that does the broad spectrum of campcraft like shelters/firelighting/cooking etc would be fine.

Cheers

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Can anyone recommend general interest bushcraft books? I have Ray Mears - Essential Bushcraft which was quite good but I'd like something not by Uncle Ray. Anything that does the broad spectrum of campcraft like shelters/firelighting/cooking etc would be fine.

Cheers
Mors Kochanski (the father of bushcraft ) He is a really really great chap, I learnt more from listening to him for half a day than from reading any number of books
His book Bushcraft "Outdoor Skills & Wilderness Survival" is a great place to start reading about Bush craft.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Camping and Woodcraft by Horace Kephart is a useful read.

Outdoor Survival Handbook by Uncle Ray is a must have.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
Cheers, I ordered the Outdoor Skills & Wilderness Survival and Commando book. Should keep me occupied on the thomas for a few weeks ;)

thatch

Feb 17, 2007
Norway
The book that got me and probably several generations of norwegians interested in the outdoors/hunting is the book by Helge Ingstad - The Land of feast and famine.
It's the story about his life as a hunter/trapper in Canada in the 1920's.
Helge Ingstad is somewhat of a national hero here in Norway, and his books are a mandatory read for anyone interested in the outdoors. I have probably read this book atleast 8-10 times. A very good book.

Not a textbook in learning bushcraft skills, but a book about how to survive and live of the land.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE