Blog comments counter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Having just started a blog, I have 5 or 6 comments in response to my first blog post. yet the blog counter says I have 2 comments. I wonder if it is only counting comments generated from the blog page. Either way, it is misleading.

While I think of it, I've been able to stop myself receiving email notifications of replies to my threads, but can't see how to do the same for replies to my blog (and incidentally, related to the comment about the counter, I've only had two email notifications of comments as well).

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
This still isn't working.

On this blog http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/entry.php?b=29 I can see 7 posts, 2 by me, 2 by Earthgirl (actually the same comment twice), 1 by Goatboy, 1 by Niels and 1 by DaveO. However, the blog post counter only says 3 posts, and Niels says when he looks at it he can only see three posts as well. I haven't had 5 emails to notify me of comments either, just 1.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Interesting. My comments, and Niels', display with the usernames in green. Those are the ones Niels can see. The other four display with the usernames in blue. I don't know if the colours have any significance.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
For a little extra info I can see 4 posts, 3 in Green and 1 in Blue. The Blue one is mine. The order I see them in is Harvestman, Goatboy, Niels & Harvestman again. Also in the namebar for each post there's the usual () report triangle, but in mine alone there's (
moderated.png
) a smaller triangle with a mail sign. Which says moderated comment when hovered over. Have I done something bad? looks like my full post is there.

Cheers,
Goatboy.
|

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just had a thought on the colours, the Green ones are both full members and my Blue one is the only non full member. This follows on in the colour coding in the Currently Active Users table in the Forum Index.

Last edited:

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Good thought, but I would still expect that
a) all posts made get counted, and
b) everyone viewing the thread sees the same thing.

Neither of the above appears to be true. :(

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Good thought, but I would still expect that
a) all posts made get counted, and
b) everyone viewing the thread sees the same thing.

Neither of the above appears to be true. :(

I'm not too au fait with forum mechanics but I concur with you. Was just giving you & Tony another snapshot perspective.

Hope you get it fixed and it's good reading.

ATB,
GB.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've had a play with this, the comments from the non FM's were in a moderation que, i'm not sure why as it's not set up that way, if it carries on doing the same thing let me know and i'll have another go at it.

All good right now :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE