Blatant Bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi How about a new craze?

people always worry about hiding in the woods to make a brew etc, how blatant obvious, or public, can you get with your camp? (obviously you don't want to be breaking any laws):rolleyes:

Sadly some of the photo's have been lost, But I'll try to get them back ASAP

Links to photos: "Blatant Bushcraft the proof"
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=607763#post607763

how about tarp set up across a popular and well known footpath/national cycle route? and my crusader brewing up?
a6dda630.jpg

(If you live in Norwich you'll recognise it)

Last edited:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Good on you, mate! And you didn't get found out by a concerned member of the public? that's good too..:You_Rock_

Maybe a fire drill practice on a roundabout next?

I like your style...

A couple of years back I was working nights on a road construction site, when everyone else was breaking out their thermos flasks etc, I set up my stove & brewed up bushcraft stylee, why...

because I could, of course. :D

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Oh no doubt some PC person would come along and say you cant get a pram or a fire engine past.

Love it, this is of course the UK and we are supposed to be free peoples.

Good on you mate

John

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Aw, now this has to be done. A bit like extreme hammocking. http://www.extremehammock.com/

Well done!

It's where I got the idea!:approve:

I'm already thinking of another couple of places I can get away with this!:rolleyes:

OK I'll set some rules:

A tarp/poncho/basha/ has to be present.(I suggest a cheap shelter)
and a stove!(you don't need to light the stove it just needs to be visible).
I need Photographic evidence.
No rules as to where/when you do it.
Don't put yourself in danger (I.e. not on a busy road, or outside a nightclub at chucking out time) :1244: :BlueTeamE.
Observe trespassing laws :deal:.
If you get in trouble you've never heard of BCUK! (that includes the badge! :11doh: ) :27:
Please don't carry any blades! :cop:

the gauntlet is down!

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hmmm, I can think of a couple of shopping centres nearby which could make some interesting pics. I'll just need to time the security patrols and avoid any confrontation.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Already considering the idea of building a bow drill from scratch in the market square solely for the purpose of lighting a cigarette...

:)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Make sure you leave your hat on the floor. As an added bonus it'll be full of spare change when you wake up.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE