Bit of a cock-up with the road signs !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
In Wales, there's a law saying that all road signs must be written in both English and Welsh. So the Highways Department, when they want to install a new sign, contact the local council who provide a Welsh translation.

I assume this is usually done by e-mail, as it was in this instance. The Welsh part actually says "I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work for translation"

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
:D Now that's got me thinking....As a brand new resident of Wales I'm slowly submerging under a weight of duplicate official documents. Council Tax, Utility bills, everything is in Welsh and English, which is fair enough but are some of those Welsh documents not perhaps correct or in date...Why does one mention £12/18/6 d in the small print, I wonder.....

Winnet

Forager
Oct 5, 2011
Aberdeen
:D Now that's got me thinking....As a brand new resident of Wales I'm slowly submerging under a weight of duplicate official documents. Council Tax, Utility bills, everything is in Welsh and English, which is fair enough but are some of those Welsh documents not perhaps correct or in date...Why does one mention £12/18/6 d in the small print, I wonder.....
Is that the sheep licence?

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE